Contradiction (Kakeru x Misuki)

Kakeru's POV

A lot of things are being spilled tonight. I'm guessing that our secret will also be revealed soon. Not that I'll be honest. I still respect her.

"Spin it Haiji!" They all shouted. Cheerfulness was very evident in everyone's voices.

"Here I go!" He was about to spin it when the sliding door suddenly opened. A girl entered.

If my memory serves right, she's the girl I saw on that hallway.

She then ran to a guy then hugged him. The guy she embraced was the same person that left that music room.

They're a couple now huh?

The girl now ran out of the room.

As expected, another round of laughs filled the 4 corners of the room.

"Kozachi! That was hilarious! She got revenge for your pat!"

They're a couple. I'm now fully sure of it.

Kozachi's face was as red as a ripe apple. His embarasment couldn't be hid anymore, as he looked down on the floor.

"Anyways, let's move on. Haiji! Spin the bottle!"

"On it!"

It felt like being poured on by cold water the moment the bottle stopped at me.

"Kakeru! Truth or dare?" They now shouted.

I'd have to be very careful about this one. If I chose dare, then they'll mostly ask me to go to the girl's room so that I'll do something to Misuki.

I'm guessing not only one pair of eyes saw that "swimming incident."

Truth would be the much safer option.

Truth is optional. I can still lie.

"Truth."

"Are you and Misuki official?" As expected.

"No." I immediately answered, which formed frowns on their faces. Did they knew I was lying?

Nervousness hit me as one of the guys left the room. Does he hate liars? I'm so confused.

How did they knew I was lying?

"Come on Kakeru. The bottle won't spin itself." Their voice was cheerful.

I guess I'm just overthinking.

I now spun the bottle. It pointed at a random person.

"Uhm...Haiji?" I asked the person beside me.

"Hmm?"

"Why did that person leave?" It really bothered me somehow.

"Don't mind him. The room is more fun without him anyways. He's a weirdo, according to many."

I sighed. I guess I was just overthinking after all.

The clock struck at 12 when we all decided to have midnight snacks. Talk about sleepover. We all left our rooms and went to the cafeteria.

We saw different faces serving us. Probably the people of night shift.

Midnight, rather.

I felt someone tugging my sleeve and I was right. It's Misuki.

We fell in line like the others. That's when she sparked up a conversation.

"How's it going for you guys?"

"Fun. How about yours?"

"Embarrasing." I softly laughed.

She's always that girl who's very shy in front of others. I'll change that someday, like how I changed her perspective of the sea.

"Let's just get some nachos. You okay with that?" She nodded.

I think she's watching out for her weight now. I fed her so many icecream all throughout summer.

We were now sharing a table when I realized that many people were throwing us sideward glances. What's their problem?

"Kakeru! Truth or dare?"

"Truth." I once again chose the safer route. It's better to be safe than embarassed.

"Are you and Misuki official?"

"No." Most of them now glared.

What's their problem?

It was 2 in the morning when they all decided to sleep. I was also about to sleep when my phone buzzed.

Only two girls have the guts to text me at this hour.

My mom and Misuki.

"Are you awake? Let's walk out on the beach." A smile made its way up my lips upon reading her message.

She's brave when it comes to texting.
She's the opposite in real life.

The wind somehow was fresher at this hour. It was also cooler. I'll miss this once we leave later.

The sound of the sea hitting the shore sounded like a lullaby.

My gaze shifted sideways when I felt someone else's presence beside me. It's definitely her.

We now both sat on the sand. We then looked above us to see the stars as we talked.

"How many times did you get pointed out by that bottle?" I started.

"2." I chuckled.

"We're the same then. What are the questions?"

"Are you and Kakeru official? They repeated the same question."

"What did you answer?"

"I said yes to both." My eyes widened.