Pope [dance]

It was the day after the hurricane and you, Pope and Heyward were cleaning up on the dock and around the shop

It was the day after the hurricane and you, Pope and Heyward were cleaning up on the dock and around the shop. The hurricane was horrible and everything was a mess so you offered to help a such as you could.

Heyward knew his son had a thing for you and would do everything he could to try and encourage Pope to make a move or atleast hint at him having feelings for you but he never had the guts too.

"Goodmorming" you said walking into the shop. "Oh good morning to you too" Hayward said. "I'm guessing you come to help out even though we tell you not too every time" he said letting out a breathy laugh.

"Wow trying to get rid of me already?".  You jokingly asked. "Popes out the back if you were wondering" he chuckled. "Go get to work" he said shooing you off.

"Alright I'm going" you laughed and walked out onto the dock. "Oh hello there" Pope smiled walking over to you. "Hi" you giggled. "How's your family holding up?" He asked. "Agatha done any damage?"

"Knocked down a tree near the house we have no power what so ever and the lawn is trashed but you know my dad and how he rejects my help 'because it's a man's thing'" you said mocking your dad.

Pope laughed and picked up the hose pipe. "Well I hope you know he's wrong cleaning up after a storm certainly isn't just a man's thing" he said. "I know I know but you know I can't win with him" you said picking up all the rubbish out on the deck throwing it into the trash.

"Well thank you for coming and helping us. It's boring on my own and my dad-" "I have ears boy" his dad said stepping outside. "Sorry dad" he laughed. "Hey can you turn on the tap for me?" Pope asked, so you did. He quickly cleaned off the deck.

Music played from the little radio Pope's dad had outside. You and pope had finished up cleaning just a few minutes ago. You sat with your legs dangling over the dock, both with a beer in hand; his dad not minding that of course.

It was peaceful, it was nice. It wasn't an awkward type of peaceful either. The sun was setting and the sky had gone a pretty colour of pink.

The man on the radio was talking about what song was coming on next and you quickly recognised the song as 'your  song' .  It was a slow, quiet song and it was great to slow dance too.

"Pope dance with me" you said placing down your beer and standing up. "What?" He asked puzzles to what you just said. No one had ever seen you dance before nor have you ever asked anyone to dance with you before. "You heard me" you giggled. "Dance with me"

"If you insist" he said getting up and walking over to you. "I have to admit I don't know what I'm doing" he laughed nervously. "It's alright I'll show you" you smiled.

You took his hands and placed them of your hips and you wrapped your arms around his waist so you could lay your head on his chest. He slowly stated swaying your hips as you both got into the dance following eachothers motions.

It just felt right. You liked pope and you had for a while but the no pogue on pogue macking rule always got in the way of things and you were scared of admitting things. You also feared that the feeling wasn't mutual and that he wouldn't like you back so you simply pushed your feelings to the side and tried your best to forget about them.

"I like this" pope said with a grin on his face. "I do do" you replied. "I really like you Y/N I have for a while" he said softly. "The feelings mutual" you smiled looking up at him.

He pleaded a hand on your cheek tilting your head up. His lips crashed on to your. You were a bit startled at first, you never expected this from pope. But you kissed back.  Your lips moved together perfectly, this was all you ever wanted.

He pulled away looking at you. "Wow" you whispered. "Be mine?" He asked looking at you. "Of course" you said pecking his lips, making him smile.