Rafe [rehab]

TW: mentions of drug use & abuse
I know rafe is an asshole but look at him 😻

Cocaine, also known as coke, is a strong stimulant most frequently used as a recreational drug

Cocaine, also known as coke, is a strong stimulant most frequently used as a recreational drug. It is commonly snorted, inhaled as smoke, or dissolved and injected into a vein. Mental effects may include loss of contact with reality, an intense feeling of happiness, or agitation.

Something that Rafe did that you hated. It took over him, turned him into a completely different person. A monster. He wasn't the same.

He became abusive towards you; every time he'd come home from a party or from a night out he'd hurt you not only physically but mentally too. He left marks on your body that he never intended too, bruises that you'd have to cover the next day. Or he'd shout words at you that didn't mean, he'd call you a slut or a whore and he knew it hurt your feelings.

Hurting you became a regular thing, sometimes it would happen during the day when you'd both be at home. Her become agitated and annoyed with everytgibg you did even if it was simply asking if he was okay or if he needed anything. He became possessive; drugs started controlling him and he started controlling you. He wouldn't let you go and hang out with your friends even if you were going out with Sarah, his own sister. And if you did get the chance to leave the house he'd end up going with you.

Although it was a state that he put himself into you hated to see him like it. The boy you once loved so dearly was crumbling infront of you and there was no way you could help him. No matter how much you tried you couldn't, he didn't want it. Not from you, not from anyone.

The boy who took drugs and the boy you fell in love with were two different people. Rafe could be so caring and loving towards you, that was before the drugs anyways. You knew he was different, you knew that if he tried he could be different.

Eventually the two so-called lovers fell apart.

"I love you Rafe but I can't be with you! Not when you're like this" you cried.

"When I'm like what y/n? When I'm high?" He asked stepping closer to you. "What happened to loving me and caring for me huh? What that all a lie?" He growled.

"No Rafe please stop yelling" you said putting your head in your hands.

He looked over at you and his face softened. "I'm sorry baby I know you don't like it when I yell." He said crouching infront of you. He took your hands into his and it was silent for a second.

"I love you Rafe but I can't love you" you said barely above a whisper. "You're different you've changed you're not the boy I fell in love with anymore"

"But I am I'm still Rafe I still love you" he said confused looking at you.

"No Rafe" you protested. "When you were clean when you didn't do drugs that's when you loved me and I was able to love you. I can't do that anymore though."

"I'm scared of you. I'm scared of what you're becoming and if you're like this one what are you gonna be like in 2-3 years. You're only gonna get worse" you admitted.

"y/n please don't say that" he said. "I'll stop I promise"

He promised he'd become clean, for you. You didn't know if he was going to stick to that, you didn't know if he had stuck to that.

That day, after that conversation with Rafe, you left. You went back home to your family, you went out and caught up with your friends. Everything had somewhat gone back to normal and you were enjoying it. It was certainly different without him, but it felt good. But you knew if he stuck by his word everything would go back to normal in no time.

It had been about two months sinse you had last properly talked to Rafe. You had seen him around a few times but neither of you ever stopped to have a proper conversation, it was Just a casual 'hey' or 'hello' every now and then. You could tell he was bettering himself and it was good to see, he looked happier and healthier.

Sometimes you'd see him when he came into the wreck with his friends. You had managed to get yourself a job there, the pay was good and you got along well with your co-workers. He'd come in and order his usual to either take in or sit out, depending on what he was doing. It was good to see him laugh with his friends, it was good to see a smile back on his face.

You were on your way home from a long day of work. You just wanted to go home and relax. Your head was hurting and so were your feet. Work was busier than usual today and your boss and it kept you on your toes all day.

Pulling out your keys you were about to go inside when a familiar voice stopped you.

"Hey y/n!" You heard someone call.

You turned to see Rafe walking up your drive. He was dressed nicely, in shorts and a shirt, in his usual fit. His hair was slicked to the side and he had his sunglasses pushed back on his head. 

"Rafe?" You question. "What are you doing here?"

"I was hoping to catch you after work but you weren't there I wanted to talk to you" he answered walking over to you.

"Uh yeah sure why don't you come inside" you said, swiftly opening the door to let you both in.

He simply nodded and followed you, both of you going to take a seat in the front room.

"So what's up?" You asked sitting down across from him.

"Urm well I wanted to talk about us. I think I'm ready to give us another shot" he said looking at you.

"You are?" You asked. "And you're sure about that"

"Of course I am. These past two months have made me realise how much of a shitty person I was towards you but it also made me realise how much I need you y/n." He said.

"I'm also clean now. I went to rehab. My addiction was new and it was fairly easy and quick to get rid of. I feel like a whole new person" he smiled.

"You didn't let me down Rafe" you smiled. "I'm so proud of you"

"Thank you y/n I really mean that." He said standing up and you followed his actions.

"Come here" you said and you pulled him in for a hug. His arms wrapped around you tightly, it felt good to be back in his embrace.

"I think I'm ready for us to try again to" you smiled.