JJ [bet]

"Bro you know you can drop the whole 'I'm in love with you' thing with y/n now right? It's been over a month" John B laughed

"Bro you know you can drop the whole 'I'm in love with you' thing with y/n now right? It's been over a month" John B laughed. We said a week. You won" he finished.

"It was just a stupid bet I don't see why you've got so into it" pope chimed in.

"Yeah I know I won but it's fun. The fact that she actually feel for it and believed I for so long is beyond me" JJ laughed taking a sip of his beer.

Surely he didn't mean that right? You had just got to the chateau to pick up JJ for the 'date' you were going on. You hated listening in on people's conversations but as soon as your name was mentioned you couldn't help but stop and listen.

You were just some stupid bet and made yourself look like a fool infront of everyone.

Deciding against going inside and comforting JJ about what you just heard you made your way out of the porch and went and got back in you car. Resting your head against the steering wheel you let your emotions take over; your vision was clouded with tears and the ache in your chest began to hurt. Heartbreak.

Never once had you felt the way JJ made you feel. He made you feel loved and wanted. He made you feel special. While it meant nothing to him it meant everything to you. You were convinced he was the one.

You drove home that afternoon feeling hurt. You took yourself to your room in a sulk, just wanting to be alone. You lay down on your bed, crying into your pillow.

Eventually you let your thoughts take over, over thinking every little thing. Alowly your eyes began to feel heavy and you fell to sleep; thinking about him.

It had been a week sinse you over heard the boys conversation. Taking your time you let it sink in and come to realisation that it was real and there was no way you were going to be able to escape it.

Despite the endless amount of calls, texts and voicemails you got from JJ and the rest of the pogues you couldn't bring yourself to go and see them or confront JJ, nor did you return any of of their calls.

It sucked not seeing your "friends" but when they all knew something so big and made you look so foolish you couldn't. The embarrassment still sat and thinking about it made you feel terrible.

For the first time in a week you decided to leave the house, taking yourself to the beech. The beach was something you loved and something that pulled you and JJ closer. You bother loved surfing and would do it together all the time. You'd have little competitions like who could stay on up on their bored longer, nothing too serious. As much as it reminded you of him you needed to clear your head and you knew that would help.

Walking out of the water, dragging your board with you, you sat on your towel that was already layed out on the sand.

"Hey y/n fancy seeing you here" you heard a voice from behind you. Turning your head you were met with the one and only JJ Maybank. Probably the last person you wished to see today.

"Hey JJ" you replied rolling your eyes.

"How have you been where have you been actually? You haven't called me or text me all week is everything okay?" He asked sitting next to you.

"I'm fine" you simply replied putting your stuff in your backpack, gettibg ready to leave.

"Come on now I'm not stupid I know when something wrong" he said looking at you. "You're my girlfriend I know you" he finished.

"Girlfriend my ass" you mumbled getting up from your spot.

"What's this about?" He asked frustrated following your actions.

"How much did you make JJ?" You asked turning to face him. "How much did you make off of that little fucked up bet of yours you had going on with the boys?"

He stood there unable to answer. His head hung low and you could practically see the guilt wash over him.

"Yeah I know about you leading me on And how you used me for a bit of fun" you said looking at him. "Why'd you do it?" You asked quietly.

There was silence between the two of you. He didn't have an answer, he knew you were right and he knew finally realised that he'd messed up.

"Because I love you" he spoke up.

"I love you y/n and I mean that. And before you say anything yes every one knows that I love you I finally came clean about how I feel for you and how that stupid fucked up bet that I went along with made me fall in love with you." He said looking into your eyes.

"And I miss you. I miss you calling me at 5am to come and watch the sunset with you. I miss you complaining to me about how your boss is an asshole. I miss you practically dragging me to the beach to surf even if it's raining. I miss all the little things. And I remeber all the little things because I'm in love with you." He said. You could hear the sadness in his voice.

"You don't have to forgive me and I completely understand why you wouldn't want to" he finished stepping closer to you.

"You really mean that JJ?" You asked looking up at him on the verge of tears.

"Of course I mean it." He sighed. "I just want my girl back"

"I'm sorry for being a bitch and for ignoring you for so long. I shouldn't listened to you or let you explain" you rambled but JJ cut you off. You felt his lips on yours and his hands placed on your hips. Oh how you missed his touch.

"It's okay" he said quietly wiping the tears under your eyes.

"I love you y/n I do."

"I love you too JJ"