Pope [so this is love]

1st grade

1st grade. The best year of your life.

You were young and didn't understand much. You were also knew to Outer banks. It was different to your home town; there was much less people, it was much smaller and much scarier.

On your first day in your new school you didn't know anyone, none of the kids nor the teachers. People would stare and people would whisper, but what would they know? They were also young and didn't understand how it was making you feel.

Your tiny feet carried you to a table at the back of the class room where none of the other kids were sat. You were alone.

The teacher asked one of the other students to hand out crayons for the task that was given and the boy didn't get to your table until last. He placed some crayons on your desk and looked at you with the sweetest smile.

"HI I'm pope!" He said warmly.

"HI pope" you giggled.

You watched carelessly as the boy put the crayon box back at the front of the classroom and walked back over to his table where he was once situated. Grabbing his book he came and took a seat at your table, next to you.

Play time rolled around and the teacher let all the kids go out to play, including yourself.

You watched as all the kids played together, some in the sand pit, some on the swings and some lining up to go down the slide. All with smiles on their faces.

Feeling a tap on your shoulder you turned around to be welcome by pope.

"What are you doing on your own?" He asked innocently looking at you.

You just shrugged and looked down at your feet.

"Come play with me" he giggled and ran away to the slide.

You ran as fast as your little legs could take you. You knew you weren't so alone anymore.

Ever sinse that day you and pope had been inseparable. You grew to like the same things and had the same friends.