JJ [Christmas cookies]

Day 5 of 12 days of Christmas! An imagine a day up until Christmas eve ☆

"y/n can I leave you in charge of the cookies while I'm gone. You know how many I need and the recipe is printed out, it's on the counter" your mom called through the house.

"Yeah of course but you're gonna be late." You said jogging down the stairs, meeting her at the bottom by the door.

"Thank you sweetheart. You know where my purse is if I'm home late. I love you" she said before leaving the house.

"Love you too mom." You replied. 

Your mom was that mom. On every occasion she would bake something or she would insist on you taking her freshly baked treats yo school to share out with your friends. You didn't have a problem with it, she was a great cook but this time she didn't have time to do it. She was juggling work with every thing else she had on her plate so she asked you to bake for her.

This threw all of your plans with JJ out the window. Despite your mom being know as the typical kook she knew JJ was a good boy and accepted him for who he was. You had made plans to hang out just one last time before Christmas, and your plans were scheduled for today.

Grabbing your phone, you walked into the kitchen and dialled JJ's number. It rang a few times before he answered.

"Why hello gorgeous." He answered, putting on a terrible fake British accent.

"Goodmorming to you too JJ" you laughed down the phone.

"I've been wanting for you to call actually y/ n. How come you're not here yet? I thought we had plans for today?" He asked.

"Yeah about that." You let out a sigh. "My mom has had to rush off to work and wants me to bake some Christmas cookies for her co-workers"

"You want to bake cookies without me?" He asked, acting hurt. "You want to cancel our plans to bake cookies but you want to bake cookies without me?"

"Uh yeah." You answered plainly.

"I'll be there in 15" he said before hanging up, giving you no time to argue with him.

Quickly throwing your hair up into a messy bun, you got out all of the ingredients and equipment you needed ready.

Hearing the door click open being you, you went to check who it was. There stood JJ, with his messy hair covered by his red cap, and his sunglasses still covering his eyes.

"Letting yourself in I see?" You asked, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"Well you saw right" he replies, wrapping his arms around your waist, pulling you in for a tight hug.

"We got work to do"

"Or we could do something else." He said placing little kisses down your neck.

Pulling away, you winked at him. "Maybe later" you giggled, waking into the kitchen.

JJ walked behind you, going straight to the recipe. He read carefully over the ingredients and immediately, washing his hands and then getting straight to work. You watched as he measured out the amount of butter and sugar he needed into a bowl, mixing them together.

"Sinse when did you bake?" You asked grabbing the eggs.

"I don't." He said looking at you. " But your mom's not home" he finished, you knowing exactly what he implied.

He moved out of his spot, infront o the bowl of ingredients, letting you crack and mix two eggs into the bowl while he grabbed the flour.

He scooped some into his hand, sprinkling it into your hair.

"Maybank I know you did not just do that." You laughed.

"Oh using my last name now?" He asked cockily.

"Yes, and what if I am?" You asked picking up an egg, turning round swiftly to face him.

"Awh are you mad?" He asked, puffing out his bottom lip.

"Not really." You answered, cracking the egg over his head.

This sent you guys into a full of food fight. Flour was being thrown everywhere, along with butter and eggs. The kitchen had a layer of white across it and so did your hair. You both got distracted, running round the kitchen like children.

"What on earth happened in here?" You heard your mom say from the door.

This killed the laughter from you both immediately, looming between eachother and back at your mom.

"Sorry mom!" You said running out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

"Sorry Mrs. y/l/n!" JJ shouted, running right behind you.