Rafe [promise]

Day 8 of 12 days of Christmas! An imagine a day up until Christmas eve ☆

"y/n! y/n!" You heard rafes voice call as he ran towards you. "What did you put on your Christmas list?" He asked.

"I asked for a puppy!" You exclaimed. "I want him to have a little red bow too" you added.

"I don't think santa will bring me one though" you spoke, walking over to the swings. "Mummy says that puppies aren't allowed in the house because they're too messy and she thinks I won't look after it properly"

"I promise one day when we grow up and we're big people" Rafe said, sitting on the swing. "I'll buy you a puppy"

"Pinky promise?" You asked, holding out your pinky finger.

"I pinky promise" he said, hooking his little finger around yours.

-

Your relationship with Rafe had started a little over a year ago, you being 17 and Rafe being 18, and this year you had come to the agreement that you would spend Christmas together.

Your promise had stuck with Rafe sinse the day you told him you wanted a little puppy, that day on the playground sparked something within him and he became destined to get you what you wanted.

Rafe had been working hard for atleast a month before Christmas just so he could keep his promise. He offered to help his dad whenever he could just for a little extra pay. He even made an effort with in the job he already had, despite the amount of money his family was earning anyway he knew that he had to fend for himself too.

The perfect puppy was eventually found, a little golden retriever who was so full of joy. The second Rafe saw him, he knew the little thing was going to be yours.

He bought him home from the adoption centre, taking him to his parents house for them to look after him for a few days.

"Please take good care of him" he practically begged wheezie and Sarah.

"Don't worry we got this" his youngest sister said.

"Yeah and he's perfect Rafe I'm sure y/n is going to love him" Sarah added.

"Thank you guys so much" Rafe smiled. "I made a promise and I'm not going to break it.

Later that day, while you were working your shift at the wreck, he went to pick out toys and all the essentials you would need for the little thing. Before you got home he hid everything in a space in the house he knew you would never check.

Everything was perfect and he knew he had kept his promise and everything was paying off.

Christmas morning he woke up bright and early, you still deep in slumber. He left to pick up the puppy at his parents house, bringing him back home, being as silent as possible. Tying a little red bow onto his collar he took the puppy inside and up to your bedroom, placing him onto your bed and letting him wonder up to you.

Waking up to something licking your face, you groaned.

"Rafe stop" you pleased, rubbing your eyes.

"Rafe please" you laughed, opening your eyes only to be met with the cutest little golden retriever.

"Oh my god" you said sitting up and pulling him into your lap.

"Good morning princess" Rafe laughed, sitting next to you.

"Rafe you didn't" you said out of disbelief. "You kept your promise"

"You can't break a pinky promise can you?" He asked.

"But that was so long ago" you answered. "I thought you would've forgotten"

"I could  never forget y/n. You make me happy and if this is my way of making you happy, then the puppy is yours" he laughed, wrapping his arm around your waist.

"I love you Rafe" you said turning to face him, placing a soft kiss on his lips. "So much"

"I love you more princess, merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas baby" you smiled, happily.