Rafe [miracle]

Day 10 of 12 days of Christmas! An imagine a day up until Christmas eve ☆

You and Rafe; a couple of 5 years, in their mid-twenties, living alone in a big house on the island, struggling to get pregnant

After months and months of trying, pregnancy test after pregnancy test, doctors appointment after doctors appointment, you and Rafe slowly came to realisation that trying over and over again for a baby wasn't going to work. Being told by doctors that it was going to be harder for you guys to get pregnant really got you dow. They said you would need "a miracle" for it to happen. But with the support of friends and family it got your spirits back up.

Currently you were sat on sarahs bed, catching up on all things boys while flicking through magazines, pointing out the dresses that you guys liked.

Sarah groaned and sat up with her hand on her stomach. "You okay?" You asked looking over at her.

"Just cramps" she replied.

"That time of the month?"

"Yeah" she nodded. "I know the pain" you laughed.

"I swear you haven't had your period in months. We've been hanging out so much lately and you haven't once used the excuse that you were on your period to not hang out with me" she spoke.

"Urm what's the date?" You asked.

"The 21st" she answered vaguely.

"Sarah I'm late" you panicked. "3 weeks late"

"Shut up" she said jumping up off of her bed. "y/n You and Rafe have been trying for a baby for how long? This could be it y/n You could be like expecting" she said excitedly.

"Alright alright" you laughed. "But keep your voice down your brother is literally next door"

"Oh shoot right sorry" she giggled. "There's a test in my bathroom that I keep for emergencies. Go take it"

"Alright" you said standing up. "I won't be a few"

Going into the bathroom, you closed the door behind you. Taking the test out of the cupboard you took it and set a timer on your phone for the set amount of time. You waited, not knowing what to expect.

At this point you and Rafe weren't even trying, it just came naturally without the 'let's try for a baby' talk. The timer went off on your phone, signalling that time was up. Checking the test, two little pick lines visible on the test. Your eyes welled with tears as you let out a little sob.

Walking out of the bathroom, Sarah's gaze met yours. "Oh y/n" she said noticing the tears in your eyes. She got up from her spot coming over and engulfing you in a hug. "It'll happen one day" she said softly.

"Sarah you're gonna be an aunt" she spoke quietly.

"No fucking way" she stopped, stepping away from you.

"Yes fucking way" you said, handing her the test. She took it instantly giving it you back. "You peed on that but oh my gosh" she laughed.

"It's finally happening" you spoke happily.

On Christmas morning you woke up bright and early, Rafe alreafy missing from by your side. You could hear soft Christmas music playing downstairs so you pulled yourself up out of bed.

Walking downstairs and into the kitchen you heard Rafe singing along to the song playing on the radio, while making breakfast. Quietly you walked over and wrapped your arms around his waist.

"Good morning princess" Rafe chuckles, spinning around to place a soft kiss on your head.

"Good morning bub, and merry Christmas" you smiled.

"Merry Christmas to you too" he replied.

"I have a little something special to give you" you spoke, pulling away from the hug.

"Y/n I thought we said we weren't doing gifts this year" he argued. "I haven't got you anything and I feel bad" he frowned.

"Don't feel bad babe I kinda have to give this to you" you said leaving him clueless.

"I'll be back in a second" you said, hogging up the stairs to your bedroom, grabbing the test out of you bedside draw. Your nerves started kicking in as you looked at the test. Ever sinse you took it you'd check constantly to see if it was actually positive, which it definately was.

You met him back in the kitchen to see him playing up food. 

"Close your eyes" you told him, and he did so. "And put your hands out" you giggled.

"What are you doing?" He asked, hesitantly putting his hands out infront of him, placing the test in his hands.

"You can open them" you said.

Watching as he opened his eyes, he looked at the test and then back at you a few times.

"Are you being serious?" He asked with the biggest smile on his face.

You nodded seeing the ahpoy expression on his face. "100% serious?" He asked pulling you into a hug.

Your arms wrapped around his waist. "100% Rafe" you answered.

"We're having a baby. y/n It's a miracle" he said, close to tears.

"I know it's finally happening baby."

"Our miracle baby" he smiled, kissing you.