Chapter 29-No Promises

English version of the song above is Same Story sung by rachie and spendiferachie on YouTube!

He didn't remember when, but he had fallen asleep. He had crawled up next to his lover and rested his eyes. But the sleep was not full of happy dreams. If anything, the exact opposite.

But, sooner or later, Geno felt a hand slowly petting his skull, and soft humming. He blinked his eye open a tiny bit to look at his surroundings.

He was cuddled up to something, or, someone. They wore black clothing. And by the feel of their hand, they were a skeleton. And they were humming a soft tune. A tune that sounded fimiliar.

It was their song.

He curled up closer to Reaper and hugged him tighter. He felt Reaper freeze for minute, then continue petting his skull, calming him down.

"I never knew why you liked such morbid songs." Reaper smiled looking down at Geno.

Geno smiled in return. "They remind me of you." They stayed there awhile. Reaper continued humming the sad song, Geno joining in.

It was moments like these where they forgot they were in a game of life or death. It was moments like these where Geno felt he was on the surface. Maybe he got a happy ending. Maybe there was some good in the kid after all. It was moments like these where Geno actually felt happy. Geno in death arms. Singing their song together. The calm quietness, the peacefulness in the air, the feeling of his love being next to him, it was moment like these, where he didn't feel so suicidal.

"Hey Reaper." Geno started.

"Hmmm?" Reaper responded.

"I'm sorry." Geno muttered.

Reaper stopped and looked back down at Geno. "What do you mean?"

Geno was quiet for a moment. "I'm sorry I've been so mean to you. To everyone. And I'm sorry I almost got you killed. I could've done something. And I'm sorry that I-"

Reaper cut him off. He sat up and pull Geno up with him. "Hey its okay. It's okay. You don't have to say sorry. Knowing Bill he probably would've predicted that as well, and, you don't have to apologize to me. Because I don't care if you're mean to me. I love you either way!"

Geno turned his head to the side. "But I care. I care that I could've done somthing. I just stood there, frozen. I at least could've tried! And, I care if I'm mean to you. Because, that's not how I should treat you. You're so nice to me. And so calm. And and-"

Reaper pulled Geno into a kiss, silencing him from his ramble. He pulled away after a while and looked at Geno.

"What can I say? Opposites attract." Reaper shrugged and smiled. Geno looked at him and soon after just staring at eachother, he started to quietly laugh as well. He dug his face into Reapers chest and hugged him. Reaper laughed with him as he hugged him back tightly.

Geno pulled away after some time and just looked into Reapers eyes. They were the most beautiful things he's ever seen, and he would gladly get lost in them any time. But without warning, Reaper started to pull Geno closer to him and lean in closer. Geno smiled and leaned in as well.

Reaper put one arm around his waist, another on his shoulder. He held Geno close, slowly connecting their lips/teeth. Geno melted into the kiss. Reaper smirked and ran the hand on Geno's shoulder down his arm.

But as he was nearing the wrist, Geno gasped and moaned into the kiss as Reapers hand ran over the scars. Reaper paused as he ran his thumb on the scars Geno made himself.  Geno shudder and pulled away. He looked to the side and blushed as Reaper stared at him.