Chapter 38- An evening with the ships

Ahhhh. How do write fan fiction if one of the two people are dead!?

Bill finally delivered the last blow, looking satisfied at Lust unconscious body. He smiled as he looked up at everyone else. A sick and twisted face on him.

The others, knowing how painful that must've been. How painful every trial must've been. Especially Horror. The pain of literally having half of your head crushed. It hurts.

"Welp! Now we just wait and see if it kills him or not. Cya!" And with that, Bill disappeared.

Horror shot forward for Lust and held onto him tightly. Trying to figure out what to do with the limp body. He usually leaves them alone to rot, but looking at the dying skeleton in his arms made all the sins crawl down his back.

He hated this feeling. He wished he could never feel this feeling ever again. It felt horrible. Indescribable. Sickening.

But that didn't matter anymore. It didn't matter what was going on now. Because all his focus was now on the skeleton slipping in his arms. He wasn't yet dead. He wasn't dusting. He wasn't falling down. He was just laying immobile in his arms, barely breathing. That gave Horror hope that there was still a chance of saving Lust. There was a chance that Lust could still live and leave this game, back to his AU alive and well and see his brother until the end of time.

The others gathered around the two and let Dream heal Lust, Horror never letting go and being extremely overprotective of him. Sadly, Dream couldn't just replace the giant hole in his head and ended up wrapping it as best as he could to try not to get it infected.

When Geno nudged Reaper on the arm, Reaper just closed his eyes, let out a shaky breath and turned around to leave the others to help the slowly, and probably painfully, dusting skeleton. Geno didn't even have to question why his love did this and just followed him and comforted him.

After Dream had healed Lust as best he could and bandaged his head they left the two alone knowing that's what they both needed.

Horror held onto Lust tightly. Trying desperately to soothe the other. They were a good ways away from the others but they were still in sight from the others. He hugged him, carfully not to hurt the other anymore. He shook violently, tears falling from his eyes. He sobbed as he felt a new feeling for the smaller.

Grief.

Sadness.

Sorrow.

Hurting.

He hasn't felt these feelings for so long. And now, because of this little ball of sin and sunshine, he can feel all these feelings of hate, pain, misery, agony. But, weirdly also hope, happiness, joy, desire, calmness, contentment. All these feelings he'd feel around the smaller. When they would have to witness a gruesome trial, they'd be there for each other. When they were just hanging out, trying to fall asleep, he always had Lust to turn to. When they woke up and the sun shone down asleep them, Lust was always there to tell him everything was alright. Even if Lust didn't say it, Horror thought that whenever he saw the other smile at him every morning.

But now, he was leaving him. And Horror knew Lust didn't want to leave him. But he was being taken by him. And Lust had gone through so much shit that he wasn't sure if he could fight any longer. But Horror knew Lust could fight for ever if he had to. He believed in him. And he so badly kept muttering over and over "don't go. Keep fighting. I've got you." Hoping something would get through to Lust.

And even though the other made no movement or indication that he had heard his cries and pleas, Horror knew he heard them. Something in him was telling him Lust was fighting. And he just needed Horror by his side to keep going.