hair.

"Hey." I felt soft lips against my forehead, waking me up.

My eyelids fluttered open, focusing on the face in front of me.

"Hi." I groaned and sat up, smiling at Noah. I was on the couch again, clutching a small throw pillow.

I guess at some point during the day I had fallen asleep. I checked my phone, it was a text from Tiffany telling me they went out for food.

I frowned, they could've at least invited me, but I didn't mind much.

"When did you get back?" I asked Noah as I drank out of a bottle of water.

"A couple minutes ago." He said, ruffling his hair and smoothing it back.

"Oh. Did you have fun?" I smiled up at him, criss crossing my legs on the couch.

"As much fun as you can have scrubbing paint off a wall." He shrugged, joking around with me.

I giggled, my eyes catching something on his shoulder. My eyebrows immediately furrowed once I realized what it was.

Hair. A single strand of dark hair. It didn't look like mine, my hair was brown.

"Anything interesting happen? Did you see anyone?" I questioned, my eyes not leaving the painful sight.

I didn't think Noah would cheat on me, no. Why would he? There's no point in cheating. So what happened?

Maybe there were girls helping out as well. Maybe a relative, like a sister or cousin. I couldn't just jump to conclusions, but it made sense.

All the hidden phone calls... the secrecy... I didn't want to believe it.

He wouldn't cheat. Would he?

"All the cops were there. Some other volunteers too." He looked down at his hands.

"Did anyone have long black hair?" I blankly looked up at him, hoping he would catch on and explain.

"What? Why-"

His eyes widened as I reached forwards and grabbed the hair, waving it in front of his face.

"Fuck. That's probably Ashley's." He sighed looking up at me.

"What the fuck?" I shook my hand, feeling disgusted.

WHY was that bitch's hair on my boyfriend's shoulder?

"No, it's not what you think!" He quickly assured me as he saw my expression.

He softly grabbed my hands, but I pulled them away, feeling tears start to make my eyes heavy.

"Mel I promise nothing happened. She was brushing her hair and I guess it just got on me. I swear."

She was brushing her hair?

"During break, she told me her hair was tangled, and she took out a brush and began brushing her hair." He elaborated on his explanation,

"I guess it got on me. I'm sorry."

I took a deep breath, maybe it was believable. She was a cop, after all. She was supposed to be there anyways.

"I'm sorry I overreacted." I blinked away the tears, feeling better.

"No, it's okay. I get it babe." He pulled me into a hug, wrapping his strong arms around me. I smiled against his chest, sniffling softly.

The door opened, a loud clatter of voices interrupting the silence.

"We brought you guys some comida." Tiffany hollered at Noah and I.

"Thank you." Noah said, still embracing me. When he spoke, I felt his chest vibrate against my ear, making me sink my teeth into my bottom lip.

"Whenever the thought to eat occurs to you two." Natalie said. Even though I couldn't see her, I knew she was rolling her eyes.

I hummed against Noah's chest, feeling sleepy once again.

"I..." Noah started, softly so only I could hear him.

I waited for him to finish, but he never did. I looked up at him, confused. What was he trying to say?

"You what?" I asked, looking at his face full of worry.

"Never mind. I'll tell you later." He breathed out, looking up from my gaze.

"Ok." I shook the strange feeling I had away. Right now, all I wanted to do was rest in Noah's arms.

"I'm sorry about Ashley. I know she's a handful." He ran his hand through my hair, giving me comfort.

"Noah, she hates me. For whatever reason." I sighed.

"She hates everyone." He chuckled.

"She doesn't hate you, quite the opposite, in fact." I felt anger bubbling inside me at the thought of her giggling and shoving her ass in Noah's face.

"I think she likes you, Noah." I said, my face tight.

"Well, that's too bad for her. I'm taken." He lifted my chin with his finger, giving me a kiss on my lips.

He buried his head in the crook of my neck, tickling me. I laughed out loud, getting strange looks from Natalie, Ryan, Audrey and Tiffany in the kitchen.

I couldn't help but smile. The heat in my chest made me feel like I was flying, I couldn't control my happiness.

I snuggled into his chest, the sound of his heartbeat calming me. I suddenly forgot all about Ashley.
--

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!! For being patient and staying and checking up on me. I'm okay :) I hope you all are doing amazing and well.

I LOVE YOU GUYS. I'm sorry I stopped writing this is the longest break I've taken. School started, I was out of town, and life just caught up with me :/

I promise, no matter what, i will NEVER abandon this story. I have so much planned for it, and it is no where near over.

I noticed its easier to write short chapters, so that's what I'll do. I'll just keep them short and write more often.

I missed you guys so much. While I was gone, I always thought about continuing. Thank you so much for your support❤❤

See you soon🧚🏼‍♀️