Chapter 1

Hello, guys! Welcome to my 500th story. 

I have explaining to do. 

1) I realized the fic, Of Dragons and Lions was total crap and deleted it considering the fact I have no time to fix it. If I 'm going to write a fic, it's going to have to make sense. I must have been drinking at that time I wrote that fanfic. 

2) I have school, so I apologize for the slow updates. I have midterms and benchmarks next week but I haven't studied at all and to be honest, I'm not worried. I'll be on Wattpad the whole week if my Kindle doesn't distract me since I rely on that for internet. 

3) I'll also be uploading this fanfiction to fanfiction.net since the readers there aren't afraid to hand out critisism XD Uhm, so that is happening. 

4) If you'd like to cry with me over the Hobbit, I have an inbox on my profile, just click on it and smash your keyboard repeatedly. I'll understand. 

5) If you'd like to help with a fanfic or just talk to me, comment or send a message! I'd love to hear your ideas! :) 

*3rd Person*

"An assassin, born of her own race, was sent here to create peace and balance in Middle Earth. She has flowing raven black hair, and her eyes are as bright and cold as ice. Throughout the nights, she roams, protecting the citizens of Middle Earth. Tonight, she’ll be protecting you.” A mother smiled, kissing her little one as he snuggled into bed.

“Mama, what’s her name?” The little child asked as his mother opened the door to his bedroom. She turned slightly, a kind smile appearing on her lips.

“Her name is Maia…” The mother smiled before blowing out the candle and closing the door behind her.

***

That night, as everyone slept peacefully in their beds, a group of Orcs raided a small cottage in the deep woods just outside the Shire. The mother and father had woken immediately, and had scrambled about, trying to defend themselves. While the father bravely fought off the Orcs, the mother ran to her son’s room. A sound of clanging metal and a gasp caused the mother to turn and witness her husband falling to the ground. She cried out, running to his side and  grasping his hand as he let out his final breath. She growled, glaring up at the disgusting beast who had killed the love of her life. Slowly rising to her feet, she swung the club at the horrid beast, knocking him upside the head. The beast shouted out in pain, and stabbed the poor mother in the chest, causing her to fall back.

“Mama!” The little child appeared, causing the Orc to smirk evilly. Just as the Orc approached, an arrow whizzed through the air, embedding itself in the Orc’s head, causing him to fall forward. A girl appeared, wearing a cloak as dark as night, hiding her facial features. She ran to the small child, bending down to his height. She unveiled her cloak, revealing her big, icy blue eyes and raven black hair that flowed past her shoulders.

“Are you alright, little one?” She asked, looking into his eyes for an answer as she gripped his shoulders.

“Mama and Papa…” He sniffled, pointing over to their lifeless bodies. She glanced over to the dead bodies for a moment before turning back to the small child.

“I have to take you somewhere safe, alright?” She informs the little one as he sniffles, nodding. She lifts him into her arms, holding him tightly.

“What’s your name, child?” She asks, smoothing the child’s shirt and running a few fingers through his curly, dirty blonde locks.

“Bilbo… Bilbo Baggins.”