Chapter 5

•* SHUICHIS POV *•

A painful silence pierced the room.

Each pair of taken a back eyes stared directly at the boy who had just spoken, each one of them not believing there ears.

"Kokichi..." I started before being cut off by a loud, cut throat laugh.

"HAHAHA YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACES!!!" Kokichi howled, a maniacal expression on his face.
"YOU THINK THAT ME? KOKICHI OUMA? SUFFERS FROM SUCH A PITIFUL CONDITION? DONT MAKE ME LAUGH ANYBODY WHOS LIKE THAT IS WEAK AND PITIFUL WHAT A JOKE!"
Tears of laughter, at least I think it's laughter, began to roll down his face as he laughed and laughed. Each persons face turned from disbelief, to anger extremely quickly.
"How could you joke about something as serious as that?!" Kaede yelled angrily, her face contorted with rage. I stared at her in shock, she's usually the one keeping us all together and yet even she is losing her composure to Kokichi. I looked desperately around the room, but all I saw was angry expressions, even from Chiaki and shouts of outrage from my peers.
I swivelled my head around to look at Kokichi but he just smiled, tears streamed down his face as he smiled, the smirk not breaking for a second. I knew something was wrong. My gut was telling me this wasn't right. Kokichi looked awful, he looked the worst out of all of us and yet he's lying about having these conditions? No he certainly has them but he's lying about it.

The motive for his lies still a mystery to me.

All of this in mind, I found myself doing something, I never thought I'd ever do. Springing up from my seat, I dashed towards Kokichi, grabbing his wheel chair and sprinting out the room. The shouts from Kokichis 'lies' were still going and no one seemed to notice him slip from the room with me, which I found quite strange.

"SHUICHI? SHUICHI?!" The small boy beneath my croaked loudly, I looked down to see Kokichi with a very confused expression on his face.
"What the fuck do you think your doing?"
"I need to talk to you and you needed to get out of there." I said with confidence I never thought I had.
"Oh so the famous, wonderful, caring detective is interested in me? I'm honoured" Kokichi exaggerated, covering his cheeks with his bony hands and faking disbelief.
"N-no I just felt like you were uncomfortable..." I blushed slightly my confidence falling slightly as I looked down. He stared at me, and as I looked up to meet his purple and amber eyes I could have sworn I saw a brief shadow of gratitude in his expression before he smirked at me as he realised I was staring at him.  I looked away quickly rolling him down the corridor in silence. "Soooo mister detective where are we going on this fine day?" Kokichi asked playfully, curling up into a ball in his chair and pulling the blankets closer around himself.
"Well I'm not really sure I  didn't really have a plan when I got you out of there...." I responded truthfully.
"Oh Shumai you always tell the truth don't you get bored of it?" Kokichi asked still smiling. I stopped and looked at him with a confused expression expecting him to go on.
"Don't look at me like that!! You know you could have said, 'oh I'm taking you to a wonderful land  full of all the panta you could ever dream of!!'" He threw his thin arms into the air and looked at me with a sickly smile on his ill looking face.
He dropped his arms.
"But you didn't, and I wonder how you never get bored of yourself!"
After a long while of me taking in and processing Kokichis words, I began wheeling him back to his room.
"I guess I just don't think I need to lie, I know that's probably very difficult for you to do Kokichi but you don't have to lie all the time, the truth is enough sometimes and I know you probably don't want to talk to me but I hope I can understnad you better."
I looked at him with a caring and truthful smile as we approached his door.
Kokichi looked at me with an unreadable expression before chuckling slightly in a childish tone.
"So that's why you ruined my plan Shumai! Because you just love the truth so much!" Kokichi said in a dangerous tone as he leaned towards me.
"Do you know my death was one of the worst to date in the Danganronpa series?" He asked me as I backed away.
"DID YOU?!" He spat in my face, tears threatening to spill from the corners of his eyes.
"N-no I didn-"
"WELL MY DEAR SHUICHI MY DEATH WAS FOR FUCKING NOTHING BECAUSE YOU LOVE YOUR TRUTH SO MUCH!"
"DID YOU KNOW THAT AS WELL!?!"
Kokichis face was full of malice but still tears started to stream down his face like rapid rivers.
"I WANTED TO END THAT GAME SO I SACRIFICED MY SORRY WORTHLESS LIFE TO HELP EVERYONE AND YOU MADE IT ALL FOR NOTHING!!" He has grabbed my collar as he cried into my chest and tried to punch me, but his grip was weak, and punches worthless.
"I'm so sorry Kokichi..."
"I'm so glad."
What spark that was in his voice before, was gone and instead was a lifeless dull croak. Kokichi closed the door to his room in Shuichis face.
Leaving Shuichi to process Kokichis words.
And as he did, and he began to understand,
His heart ached more and more.

"Kokichi..."

word count: 948

n o t e s :
sorry it's a short chapter!! I wanted to update it tonight and I don't have much time but the angst just keeps coming 😌😌 ALSO THANK YOU FOR NEARLY 500 READS??? LIKE HELLO?? Oh my god this book only has 5 chapters I don't deserve this but thank you all it means a lot !! If you want to leave any suggestions or ideas that you'd like to see happen in this book let me know I'm very open to that kinda thing but for now I gotta sleep skfndmfnf
- sleepy