Chapter 13

•* SHUICHIS POV *•

"KOKICHI!"
I flung myself out of bed, eyes damp with tears and body drenched in sweat. My breathing picked up as I felt myself begin to tremble violently, everything was so cold and I felt so disgustingly dirty. My feeble arms clasped to my head as I tried to bang the memories from my pre game life out of my skull.

"I'm a murderer." I whispered in a broken voice into the darkness.
"I-I'm an abuser, a manipulator, a creep a-" my hands jumped to my mouth to stop myself screaming, white hot tears came cascading down my face at rapid speed as I rocked back and forth from where I coward on my bed.

Eventually, I'm not sure how much time had passed but eventually I stumbled into my bathroom, my hands pressed against the wall for support as I looked at my disheveled, sad and disgusting appearance in the mirror.

What if Kokichi remembers?

Would he be able to look at me the same? Would he be able to laugh at me the same? Look into my eyes with his amethyst coloured eyes the same? The feeling of joy and happiness he brings with him wherever he goes, would it be the same?

I cried into my hands once more, making my way, blindly back to my bed and under my sheets. It had to be a bad dream, I'll wake up and I'll be ok. Although the cries of a scared and vulnerable Kokichi still lingered in my subconscious and the worried and scared expression Kaede had shared when I was in her room with her was haunting.

Somehow I found piece and fell into a deep and yet uncomfortable slumber.

•* KOKICHIS POV *•

More memories had arisen last night and at that current moment, I was shocked into silence. I laid in my bed, long after the sun had rolled over the sky and into the morning. My glassy eyes stared up at the ceiling in an almost ghostly manner, I had no more strength to be terrified, no more energy to cry and no will to even more a muscle.
Eventually, after a few hours had went by I heard the distance, muffled sound of a knock at the door.
"Come in." I croaked my own voice sounding as if I were underwater and far from the surface.
The blurred outline of Hajime stepped into view and another ghostly white man. They stood at the edge of my bed, Hajime sitting down and the sighs of strain from the weight on the springs awoke me from my daze.
"Kokichi, I've come to the decision that my time and effort taking care of you is not helping you, that's not fault of yours you've done nothing wrong I just feel I'm not the right person to help. " he paused sounding a little defeated.
"That's why I'm handing you over into my boyfriends care." Hajime finished gesturing the pale man beside him who smiled warmly.
"Hey there Ouma! I'm Nagito Komeada and I'll be your personal doctor from now on! I dont know if this will say much but the viewers of danganronpa think that the two of us are very alike so I hope I can help with what ever your going threw at the moment, that sound ok?"
He was a lot softer, kinder than Hajime, treated me with care but not like some sort of insane, sick patient which made me feel a little warmer inside.
"That sounds good Komeada, thank you." I replied giving him a rare small smile. Hajime rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "you were never that nice to me when you first met me," he grumbled and Nagito chuckled slightly, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder.
"That's because you didn't help me all that much," I said tiredly, flashing an evil smirk at Hajime who scowled at me.
"Well I hope he'll be a better doctor than I was seeing as I did nothing," Hajime sighed, he was sarcastic but I could tell he was a little hurt.
"I'm kidding Haji you weren't that bad, helped me threw some of the super tough stuff, i probably wouldn't be here without you." I smiled as his face turned pink.
"Well it's  about time I go. You guys get settled down, don't forget dinner hun," Hajime said as he opened the door.
"I won't!!" Nagito said in a sing song voice and turned back to be as the door closed behind Hajime.

As soon as the distraction was gone, the memories of last nights memories came flooding back and my smile dropped from my face. Nagito seemed to notice as his bright green eyes snapped towards me like an owl and he smiled.
"Somethings bothering you Kokichi?" He asked knowing full well there was.
"It's nothing too important, just an unpleasant dream." I replied vaguely not wanting to give too much away.
Nagito chuckled, "uncovered some unwanted pregame memories i assume?"
My head turned to look directly at him, he just smiled.
"Not unwanted, just disturbing." I replied flatly, being careful to not let any trace of emotion escape into my voice. Nagito folded his arms, his expression giving nothing away to his emotions.
"I'm guessing it's something to do with a loved one? Or a family member, those are the memories that hurt the most." He said in a soft, low voice.
There was silence and then he stood up.
"We'll talk more later ok Kokichi? Call if you need anything, you have another group therapy session tomorrow have a good day."
"Wait! Before you go could you tell Shuichi Saihara not to bother me?" I asked, he smirked darkly.
"Oh I would but... he's right outside the door."

words count: 979

n o t e s :
a little bit of a short chapter but we all gotta recover after the long one that was chapter 12 hope you enjoyed!!! I love doing cliff hangers there so much fun :))