Chapter 12

( this chapter is in italics to represent the pre game memories )

S H U I C H I

Pulling my hat lower onto my face, I stepped forward onto school grounds. Of course, it was nothing special, a normal highschool with normal students but that was just like everything else in my life.
Boring.
And I'm sick of it.
I long for change, for something exciting to happen, that's why I seek so much comfort and love, in danganronpa.

Danganronpa, has brought me so much to my sad, boring, disgusting life. The people I've acquainted the thrill of watching it, the emotions of hope and despair constantly running around in my mind chasing each other but despair always wins. For a while, I stopped feeling things, when you are a kid life seems so much more fun and care free, everything is so new and exciting but once you start to get older, everything feels the same. However danganronpa is always different.

I adjusted my headphones, looking down at the small, smashed screen of my phone to watch the third trial in the 34th game which in my opinion, was the best third trial in the entire franchise. However a familiar purple head of hair walked past me and bumped into my shoulder which made me lose all my attention towards danganronpa.

Kokichi Ouma.

Oh how he fascinated me. On surface level, just a shy, timid little thing, not knowing its way to class and getting lost any where like a stray puppy. On a deeper level, a damaged, hurt and smart soul with so much pent up anger and emotion he has to constantly suppress. Oh what a joy it will be to see him snap.
I hope that I am some what involved in that.

"Hey Kokichi? Class is this way remember." I called out to him, a smirk creeping onto my face. He looked at me, and then blushed a beautiful shade of pink.
"Oh how stupid of me!! I-its almost like I havnt b-been going to this school f-for 3 years!" He said in stuttered anger, latching onto my arm as we walked to class. Ouma and I had recently started dating and in my opinion it was going very well. He was everything I ever wanted and needed in a partner and I couldn't wait to toy with him some more.
"It's ok love," I say as i bend down to kiss him on the cheek, "I'm always here to help you~"
Kokichi hummed his gratitude sleepily, and tightened his grip around me for support. I laughed airily,
"Have you been staying up late watching Danganronpa again?" I asked already knowing the answer.
"N-no! It wasn't that l-late I just love watching the f-free time events..." Kokichi said sheepishly as we reached class.
"You know they're announcing when we are allowed to apply to get into the 53rd season soon!" I said excitedly, licking my lips as a little drool was about to escape my mouth. Kokichi looked away and shuffled uncomfortably.
"Shuichi?" He muttered, not looking at me.
"Yes my love~?"
"I don't want to join Danganronpa."
...
"What."
...
"It's not that I don't like it! I do I do! Ever since you told me to watch it I-I promise I watch it all the time! It's not my thing but if it made you happy I would of course watch it! B-but I'm scared, and I don't want to die..."

I couldn't believe my ears. My lover. My everything. My other half of myself. Isnt going to join me?
No, no this isn't right. I have to fix this, he must come with me. He will come with me.
"You'll see Kokichi." I said with a smile.
There was silence. My anger was furiously pounding to lash out but I controlled it and remained calm with a usual small and handsome smile. Kokichi looked confused but let out a sigh of relief that I wasn't angry.
"I-I dont know what you mean?" He said carefully, as if I were some sort of bomb he didn't want to set off.
"Go to class Kokichi."
"But-"
"Now."
He disappeared threw the door.