𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

one year ago..
january 16th, 2019

"hey, it's me again.." eleanor mumbled into the phone, "this is the fourth time i've tried calling you and you haven't picked up. you missed our date.. again. christian said you're home so i'm on my way now. i think we need to talk. i'll see you soon.... love you"

she sighed as she hung up the phone. daniel had been acting off for a couple months ; missing dates, staying out late, not answering calls. she put up with it at first, but recently she'd been feeling like he didn't even care anymore - like he'd stopped trying.

she took note of the unfamiliar car parked outside the seavey house but disregarded it, assuming it belonged to a neighbor.. that was her second mistake.

she braced herself as she walked up the front steps. keri had given her a key awhile back, claiming that the girl was welcome over anytime. so, with that in mind, she hadn't bothered ringing the doorbell or knocking .. that was her third mistake.

her fourth mistake was ignoring the shoes next to the door that very clearly belonged to a girl, but also very clearly were not anna's or keri's. she made her way up to daniels room and contemplated whether or not she should knock ; the anger she was feeling told her no, so she simply pushed open the door.

her heart dropped at the sight she came face to face with. daniel was sat on his bed, an unknown girl sat on his lap and his lips attached to hers. suddenly everything had began to make sense - daniel becoming distant, the car parked out front, the shoes by the door.

"are you fucking kidding me?!"

the two of them jumped apart at the sound of her voice and daniel all but threw the girl off his lap. he scrambled out of his bed, spewing out all kinds of words. she could barely hear him over the ringing in her ears though, and she couldn't bring herself to stand around and listen.

"save it." she warned, "i don't want to fucking hear it" she turned and raced out of his bedroom, picking up speed when she heard his footsteps behind her. not that it really mattered though, he was a giant compared to her and he caught up with her in no time.

he reached out and grabbed her wrist, but she pulled away as if he had physically burned her. "baby.. please let me explain!" he begged.

"explain?!" she laughed, "what is there to explain? you fucking cheated on me daniel. i sat at the restaurant for an hour waiting for you to show up! while you sat in your bed making out with some bitch"

"i-i'm so sorry, baby" he stuttered, he reached out for her again but she shook her head and continued making her way down the stairs , "please, lennie. baby, i'm so sorry. she meant nothing"

"clearly she fucking meant something if you're missing our dates for her! is this what you've been doing the past couple months?" his lack of an answer was an answer in itself. if it was possible, her heart broken even more. "really daniel? two fucking years weve been together. two fucking years. i can't believe you" she went to pull open the front door, but he shut it from behind her.

"please don't leave, please" he pleaded with her. tears were welling up in both their eyes, and daniel was starting to panic. he couldn't lose her. "ellie, babygirl, please let's just talk about this! i love you! she means nothing to me"

"you love me?" she mocked, "clearly not enough." she couldn't hold her tears in anymore, and neither could he.

"i do love you!" he cried, "i love you so fucking much! i'll never see her again, baby. never again! just.. just please, please don't leave me"

she shook her head, "you should've never saw her in the first place"

"i know" he nodded, "i-i know, baby. please let me fix this. please don't walk away from us"

"i don't want you to fix it" she spat, "two fucking years down the drain because you couldn't keep it in your fucking pants. we're done, daniel. done."

"no!" he cried, "we can fix this!"

"no," she shook her head, "we can't. i hope she was fucking worth it"

"i love you so much, please"

she rolled her eyes and shook her head. she took one last look at him before pulling open the front door and walking out. when she walked out that night, she left her heart in there with daniel , and ironically, she walked out with his.

her first mistake was falling in love with daniel seavey.