o͓̽n͓̽e͓̽. r͓̽e͓̽u͓̽n͓̽i͓̽o͓̽n͓̽

"...i close my eyes while you walk away. can i have a second chance? can i have another dance? can i start another life with you?"
lonely heart-5seconds of summer
☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎

january 21, 2020

nattie🧚🏼‍♀️ : get dressed we're going out

lennie❤️ : ?? since when

nattie🧚🏼‍♀️ : since it's your birthday and i'm not letting you sit in your room and be sad

lennie❤️ : i don't wanna go

nattie🧚🏼‍♀️ : ellie come onnn!!
it's your birthday. you can't be sad on your birthday! one of my friends is throwing a party tonight. me , you, and isaac can go!
we don't have to stay for long i promise! a couple hours and then we can go back to your place and have a movie night

lennie❤️ : fine 🙄

nattie🧚🏼‍♀️ : great! i'll pick you guys up in an hour 🥰

❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿

eleanor had always been a fun person, a happy person. she was the type of girl who was up for anything and everything , and she was never one to turn down a little trouble. but for the past year, she'd been too busy piecing herself back together to focus on having fun and getting into trouble.

her breakup with daniel had taken a toll on her. he was the love of her life and although it was sad to admit, he was one of the main sources of her happiness ; one of the main reasons she was always so happy all of the time.

eleanor and isaac didn't have it the easiest while growing up. their mother was barely around and their father was too busy burying himself in alcohol to pay any sort of attention to them, which is why the second isaac turned 18, the two of them were packing their things and using all the money they had saved up to buy a small apartment in LA. they'd been on their own ever since, of course with eleanors bestfriend, natalia, by their side.

she met daniel when she was 17, and it was safe to say he'd changed her life. it didn't take them long to fall in love with each other, and once they had, it was a wrap. they spent always every moment together, and eleanor often found herself questioning if that was part of the reason he'd cheated. had he gotten sick of her? did he want something new? natalia and isaac always told her that she'd done nothing wrong, and the logical part of her knew it was true, but the insecure part of her always whispered 'what ifs'.

along with loosing daniel she lost some of her closest friends. she couldn't say she blamed them though. she understood that they were daniels bestfriends before they were hers, but it was still disappointing and it still hurt.

so that led her to where she was now, sluggishly pulling herself out of her bed to get ready for the party natalia was so persistent on taking her to. so wasn't mad though, it was her birthday and she did deserve a little fun. she got ready as fast as she could, deciding on a simple short black dress and gold heels. she freshened up her makeup and put some loose curls in her hair - she wasn't looking to impress any guys although she knew that's what nattie was aiming for.

natalia showed up exactly an hour later and all but pulled eleanor out the door. "it's your birthday, ellie! at least promise me you'll try and have fun!"

"ellie doesn't know what fun means anymore" isaac teased her, unlocking the car door. he agreed to drive to the party and ellie agreed to be the designated driver seeing as she wasn't old enough to drink yet.

the two girls rolled their eyes as they entered the car, "oh shut it, isaac. i'm the funnest person you've ever met" she teased, sticking her tongue out him.

"you used to be"

❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿

the car ride to the party was quick, a little too quick if ellie was being honest. she barely had time to pull her thoughts together before nattie was dragging her out of the car and through the front door of the house. isaac parted ways with them immediately, claiming he was going to look for a drink.

"come on! let's dance!" nattie smiled, again pulling her towards where she wanted her to go

"alright, nat.. what is with you and pulling me" she teased the girl, "youre gonna make me bump into-" she slammed into somebody before she could even finish her sentence. "oh my god! i'm so sorry!" she apologized, looking up at the person she ran in to.

her breath caught in her throat and it seemed as if time had stopped.

"eleanor?"

"daniel.." she breathed

"i-i haven't seen you since.."

"yeah.." she trailed off

"well i hate to interrupt this reunion.." nattie grimaced, latching on to eleanors arm, "actually, no i don't. come on, ellie"

"no! wait!" daniel panicked, he didn't want to have her slip through his fingers again, "h-happy birthday"

"you remembered my birthday?"

"i remember everything about you" he smiled sadly. it was true, there wasn't a single thing he'd forgotten about the girl , and there wasn't a single day that he didn't think of her. even after a year he was still madly in love with her, "h-how've you been?"

"good.." she trailed off awkwardly. out of all the scenarios she'd come up with of them running in to each other, this hadn't been one of them, "l-look i gotta go find isaac..."

"oh, yeah, o-of course" he stuttered, "it, uh, it was nice seeing you"

"wish we could say the same" nattie rolled her eyes, wasting no time in dragging eleanor away from where the three of them had stood. she sighed and turned to the girl when they were far enough away from him, "lennie i'm so sorry. i should've never made you come to this party"

"it's not your fault" she shook her head, "but, uh, i'm not feeling well. i think i'm gonna head home. you should stay here and have fun"

"are you sure?" she frowned

eleanor forced a smile and nodded, "of course. are you gonna drink? i'll leave the car and call an uber"

"no it's okay, take the car! i'll call me and isaac an uber when we're ready to go"

eleanor practically ran out the house. she took a seat on the curb, trying to calm herself down before getting in the car and driving. she was too busy in her own thoughts to notice that someone had sat themselves next to her and flinched when they placed their hand on her should

"it's just me" daniel told her softly, "i'm sorry, i didn't mean to scare you"

"daniel what are you doing out here" she sighed, shrugging his hand off of her

"i need to talk to you.."

"there's nothing to talk about"

"ellie, i still love you. i regret what i did every single day, please give me another chance. i love you"

she shook her head and stood up, "i don't believe you."  and much like that night, she left him sitting there, desperate to prove to her that there was no other girl for him. twice she'd walked away. twice she'd taken his heart with her, and twice she'd forgotten to take hers back.