s͓̽i͓̽x͓̽t͓̽e͓̽e͓̽n͓̽. w͓̽o͓̽r͓̽t͓̽h͓̽

"no matter what you've heard, this is what you're worth, more than all the money or the diamonds and pearls"
priceless - for king & country
☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎
february 13th, 2020

eleanor stood next to jack, with lavender on her hip as he browsed the shelves of target. he'd begged her to accompany him to the store, claiming it would be boring without her. it didn't take much begging, she loved spending time with jack, especially when he was with lav.

she messed around with the sweet little girl, playfully dancing around the aisle with her in her arms as jack skimmed through the clothes.

"how about we go look at the toys while daddy shops, hm?" she smiled at the girl, reaching up to brush away the hair that had fallen into her eyes. she turned to jack, "is that okay? can i take her to look at the toys?"

he sent her a smile over his shoulder and nodded, "yeah, of course. i'll come find you guys when i'm done"

she nodded, confirming that she'd heard him, and then began making her way to the toy aisle. she wasn't paying much attention to what was in front of her, too focused on the bubbly little angel in her arms.

she felt her shoulder collide with someone and she quickly looked up, spewing out apologies, "i'm so sorry! i wasn't even paying attention!" she recognized the person to be renee, a friend of daniels... and a friend that she was sure wasn't fond of her, not that the feeling wasn't mutual

"yeah, clearly" renee rolled her eyes at her before settling her gaze on lav. eleanor subconsciously held the girl a little tighter, "is that jacks daughter?"

"uh, yeah"

"she's adorable! can i hold her?" renee cooed, reaching out to take lavender from her

eleanor took a step back, "um, no, sorry.. i don't.. i don't think jack would be okay with that"

renee scoffed at her, "you're really rude, you know that? i don't know why the boys are even friends with you"

ellie gapped at her. she felt like she'd gotten whiplash from how quickly renee's mood had changed, "i'm sorry you feel that way" she shrugged carelessly, "but how you feel is the least of my worries" she turned away from the girl and went to continue her way to the toy aisle but renee's voice stopped her

"you'll never be good enough for him" she called out to her. eleanor knew she was talking about daniel, "he proved that to you when he cheated"

she had half a mind to turn around and start swinging, but with one look down at the pouty face of lav, she quickly decided to ignore her instinct. instead, she pushed the girls words to the back of her mind and continued her way to the toy section.

eleanors mood had significantly dropped, but she tried her best to not let it show while she was with lavender. she was stood infront of the toys, allowing lav to pick of whatever she wanted.

"you spoil her too much"

she jumped at the sound of jacks voice, not noticing him appear in the aisle.

she forced a smile, "my niece can have whatever she'd like"

jack frowned, taking notice of the way her mood had changed compared to before, "what's wrong? did something happen?"

"it's not a big deal" she dismissed him, she handed him the toys lav had picked out and kneeled down to scoop her back into her arms

"what happened, len? you were okay a few minutes ago"

she sighed, knowing he wasn't going to drop it, "i bumped into renee"

his frown deepened, "okay... and what happened?" he asked, she didn't reply as the three of them made their way towards the self checkout. she stayed silent while they checked out, besides when the two of them argued over who was going to pay for lav's toys- spoiler, she forced jack to allow her.

they remained silent as they settled themselves back into jacks car. once they were all buckled in and began driving out of the parking lot, jack spoke again

"i'm still waiting" he reminded her, "tell me what happened"

"she told me i would never be good enough for daniel" she reluctantly told him, "it's stupid of me to let her get to me, i know... but i couldn't help it"

"it's not stupid, len" he assured her, "but i hope you know she's wrong"

"how can you be sure?"

he frowned at her question, "lennie, shes an insecure girl who thrives on making other people feel bad about themselves"

"i know" she sighed, "but still.."

"still what?" he questioned, "nothing she says will ever make you worth any less. you mean a lot to me and to the guys, including daniel. shes just jealous because she will never be able to take your place" he glanced at her, making sure she was paying attention to what he was saying before continuing, "you're an amazing friend, an amazing sister, and an amazing aunt to lav.. we couldn't ask for anyone better to be in our lives. we love you, so much. don't let the words of some girl ever make you think you're not worth something. you're worth everything. nothing she says can change that"

her heart swelled and she felt tears pricking the back of her eyes, "i really appreciate you, jack. you know that?" she turned around in her seat and smiled at lav, "and you too, my pretty princess"

he grinned cheekily as she turned back around in her seat, "yeah, i know. you'd be lost without me" the two shared a laugh before he turned serious again, "but i'm serious, lee. please don't question you're worth."

"okay" she breathed, a tear made its way down her face, the emotions becoming slightly over bearing. she quickly wiped it away, but jack had already noticed

"don't cry, len"

"they're not sad tears" she promised him, "theyre emotional tears. i'm emotional. i just love the two of you so much"

he let out a laugh, "we love you too, lennie" he glanced at lav in the back seat, "ain't that right, babygirl?"

lav babbled along with what he was saying, a bright smile on her face, causing eleanors heart to swell even more.

"now what do you say we go get sum lunch? all these emotions are making me hungry"

❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿
lil ellie and jack for ya. with a special appearance by lav 🥺