f͓̽o͓̽u͓̽r͓̽t͓̽e͓̽e͓̽n͓̽. t͓̽i͓̽r͓̽e͓̽d͓̽ o͓̽f͓̽ r͓̽u͓̽n͓̽n͓̽i͓̽n͓̽g͓̽

"i'll never give you away, cause i've already made that mistake, if my name never fell off your lips again, i know it'd be such a shame"
lover of mine - 5sos
☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎

february 10th, 2020

"you're tired of running?" he repeated her, making sure he heard her correctly. he was staring at her in confusion, not quite understanding what she meant. "what are you running from? len.. what's going on?"

"from you"

"from me?" he repeated her again, still not grasping what she was talking about, "you're running for me?"

"not you physically" she clarified, "i'm running from the feelings i have for you"

his face softened drastically as it all seemed to click, "talk to me, lennie"

"i've been trying to convince myself that i don't love you anymore, that we're done for good" she explained to him, her hands running up and down her thighs as if she was trying to rub away all the nerves. her throat began to tighten and her eyes began swelling with tears, "but that's not true, because i do love you" her voice cracked and she paused, clearing her throat, "ive been running from the feelings i have for you.. and i'm just so tired. i can't run anymore"

daniel felt like he was going to burst with emotions. he felt his own tears well up in his eyes and he reached out and gently took her hand in his, "lennie, baby, it's okay. you don't need to run from me"

"but i'm scared!" she argued, "i'm so scared, daniel"

"i know, baby. i know you are... i am too" he admitted, "but ellie, i will never hurt you like that again"

"you promised to never hurt me in the first place!" she snapped at him, abruptly ripping her hand from his grasp and standing from the couch, "you promised you would never break my heart and that's exactly what you did! what's going to be so different this time?"

he followed her lead, standing from the couch and in front of her, "i know what it feels like to lose you and i never want to feel that type of pain again... that's what's so different"

she allowed the tears to flow and daniel reached to wipe them away, eleanor grabbing his hand right before it could reach her face. they stared at each other in silence for a minute before she let out a sigh, "you have to promise me we'll go slow, okay? just.. please"

he nodded at her and she released the grip on his hand, allowing him to wipe her tears away, "we'll go as slow as you want to, baby, i promise you" he gently pulled her in close, burying his face in her hair. he felt at home with her in his arms and the hole that had been in his heart for the past year finally felt filled.

she buried her head in his chest and gripped the back of his shirt tightly in her hands, "please don't break my heart again" she begged, her voice slightly muffled, but he'd heard her

"i promise you, lennie, i will never make that mistake again"

❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿
sorry for the short chapter! hope you liked it though xx