e͓̽i͓̽g͓̽h͓̽t͓̽. i͓̽'l͓̽l͓̽ w͓̽a͓̽i͓̽t͓̽ f͓̽o͓̽r͓̽ y͓̽o͓̽u͓̽

"till fate brings you home, i'll wait through your phases"
phases - prettymuch
☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎

january 31st, 2020

"he really said that?"

eleanor, jack, jonah and zach sat in eleanors bedroom while she filled them in on what had happened during her meet up with daniel, the three boys cringing as she recalled what he'd said to her.

jonah had reached out to her the day before, apologizing and telling her that he missed his friendship with her. she forgave him, one, because she missed him too, and two, because it wouldn't be fair to forgive zach and jack and not him.

"yeah" she frowned, "i'm not broken, you know? i don't need anyone to fix me"

she wasn't mad at daniel for saying what he'd said, she was just a little hurt. did everyone see her that way? as someone who needed to be fixed?

"we know, lee" jack reassured her, almost as if he'd read her mind, "there's nothing wrong with you, and daniel knows that too"

"it was just a poor choice of words" zach added, "he just really wants you to forgive him"

"and i really want to forgive him" she told them honestly, "i miss him and i do love him, but what he did isn't something that i can just move past"

"i know, we get it" jack told her, "but do you really think trying again with him will be so bad?"

she nibbled on her bottom lip as she thought about his question. would trying again with daniel be so bad? no, of course it wouldn't.. but she was so scared of getting her heartbroken again.

"it's not about it being bad" she sighed, "i just don't want to get my heartbroken again"

"he really regrets what he did" jonah softly told her, "but i think you know that, and i think you believe it too"

"i do believe it" she declared. she picked at her finger nails, something she did when she was stressed, "but what if that's not enough?"

"enough for what?" zach asked, confusion laced in his voice.

"for him not to do it again."

the three boys remained silent as they went over her words in their head. in a way she was right, there was no way to tell if daniel would keep his word and not do anything like this again. on the other hand, they could tell how much he loved her and how sorry he was about what he'd done. it was clear that he regretted it, and the desperation to get her back and make up for all the pain he'd caused her was enough for them to believe that he meant it when he said that this would never happen again.

"look" jack started softly, "there's no way to tell what decisions anyone's going to make, but lennie, he loves you-"

"-like so much it's concerning" zach interrupted, earning a glare from jack and jonah

"- and the past year all he's done is sulk" jack sighed, continuing, "what i'm trying to tell you is, you're right. we don't know what the future holds, but we do know that daniel doesn't want anyone else but you. you're his endgame"