t͓̽h͓̽i͓̽r͓̽t͓̽y͓̽t͓̽h͓̽r͓̽e͓̽e͓̽. b͓̽r͓̽o͓̽k͓̽e͓̽n͓̽ h͓̽o͓̽m͓̽e͓̽

just wanna put a little warning , this chapter talks about the use of alcohol and the death of a parent. if that's upsetting for anyone i 100% understand and you can skip this chapter. feel free to message me and i can give you the summary of what happens.
i love you. stay safe. xx

"mama, come here, approach, appear.
daddy, i'm alone, cause this house don't feel like home"
unsteady - x ambassadors
☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎

march 26th, 2020

she'd read the message over a thousand times to make sure she wasn't misinterpreting it. it was pretty straight forward though, and she knew there was no way she could get it mixed up.

she'd spent the morning with daniel, lounging around his house and being lazy. they'd watched more movies than she could count and overall had just been enjoying each other's company.

they'd been finishing up a movie when her phone had went off, the text tone signaling it was a text from her brother.

she knew it was urgent. isaac never texted her when he knew she was with daniel, claiming he "didn't want to interrupt something he had no business interrupting"

isaac🤙🏼 : you gotta come home, len.

lennie❤️ : what's up? you okay?

isaac🤙🏼 : dads here.

her entire mood shifted. she hadn't seen her dad in a couple of years, and the last time she had... things didn't go all that well.

"babe, you okay?"

"huh?" she mumbled, too focused on the message to pay attention him

"i said are you okay?" he reached over, gently grabbing her by the chin and tilting her head towards him, "you look like you've just seen a ghost"

she rolled her eyes at the cliche line and nodded, "yeah, i uh, i gotta get home"

"why? what's going on?"

"my dads back."

❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿

she was stopped by isaac on the front porch of their shared home, preventing her from entering

"len, before you go in there-"

"isaac, don't start."

"he's still our dad, len. just please be civil" he pleaded with her.

isaacs relationship with their dad had always been much better than lennie's. he'd always been more forgiving than her, therefore resulting in a more stable relationship between him and their dad.