s͓̽i͓̽x͓̽. w͓̽o͓̽w͓̽, t͓̽o͓̽u͓̽g͓̽h͓̽ c͓̽r͓̽o͓̽w͓̽d͓̽

"if honesty means telling you the truth.. well, i'm still in love with you"
still - niall horan
☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎

january 29th, 2020

daniel😕 : hey.. is this eleanor?

she could've sworn her heart physically stopped as she read the text message. she read it over a few times before she wordlessly shoved the phone in natalias face, who was sat on the opposite side of her.

"ow, lennie, what the hell" she scolded her, taking the phone out of her hands, "oh shit" she mumbled as she read the message

"what do i say?!" eleanor panicked, "why is he even texting me?"

"i had a feeling this was going to happen" natalia sighed, "look, it's up to you. either answer him, or dont"

"what if i just say he has the wrong number?"

"is that what you really want to do?"

"no" eleanor frowned, "i don't know what i want to do"

natalia let out another sigh and handed the phone back to her, "just say yes and then see what he says after that and we'll go from there"

eleanor obliged, and typed out the message

lennie❤️ : yes..

daniel😕 : hey..
it's daniel

lennie❤️ : i know.

daniel😕 : oh.. i didn't think you still had my number
how are you?

"he can't be serious" eleanor muttered, looking at natalia, "tell me he's not serious"

"uh.. he seems pretty serious"

"do i respond?" she questioned, "w-what do i do?"

"i can't tell you what to do, ellie" she told the girl, "you do what you want to do. i'm here for moral support"

lennie❤️ : i'm good.
you?

daniel😕 : i've been better..

"he's dragging out the conversation" eleanor noted

"so why don't you take it straight to the point?" natalia encouraged, "just ask him what he wants"

lennie❤️ : what do you want, daniel?

daniel😕 : do you think we could meet up?

eleanors heart stopped for a second time. she had a feeling this was where the conversation was heading, but now that he had actually brought it up, she didn't feel prepared at all.

"oh damn" natalia muttered, "i, uh, okay.. maybe we shouldn't of answered"

"well it's a little too late for that!" she glared, "what do i do, nat? do i meet with him?"

"do you want to meet with him?"

she pondered the thought for a minute.. did she want to meet with him? part of her did. the part of her that still loved daniel wanted nothing more than to agree to meet up with him. the other part of her, the part of her that was heartbroken, wanted nothing to do with him.

she knew she couldn't avoid him forever, though. if she was going to be friends with zach and jack again, she knew eventually she would end up crossing paths with him.. so why not at least be on somewhat good terms when it happened? with that in mind, she typed out her response ;

lennie❤️ : i guess so
when?

daniel😕 : really?! okay, that's great!
what about later today?

lennie❤️ : okay.. what time?

daniel😕 : is 5 okay?

eleanor looked at the time. it was 3:30 now, meaning she had an hour and a half to get herself put together enough to meet up with him.

lennie❤️ : see you then.

daniel😕 : ill see you then

eleanor sighed and looked at natalia, "why do i feel like this is a mistake?"

"because it probably is" natalia shrugged, "but it's too late now."

❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿

it was safe to say daniel was shitting bricks. to be honest, he didn't think he'd get this far. he didn't think she'd actually agree to meet up with him. he was thankful though - nervous, but thankful.

he knew he really only had one shot at getting her to forgive him.. or at least getting her to hate him less than she did now.

"i feel like every time we cross paths in the kitchen it always looks like you're having an aneurysm"

daniel sent his brother an annoyed look and chose to ignore him, he didn't have the patience for jokes.

"wow, okay, tough crowd" christian teased, "what's up?"

"ellie agreed to see me"

he raised his eyebrows in surprise, "really?"

"yeah" he let out a sigh, his shoulders sagging a bit, "chris, i-i really don't want to screw this up" he admitted. his nerves were starting to get the best of him

"you mean more then you already have?"

"yes, christian" he snapped, "more then i already have. now can you quit making me feel like shit and actually help me?!"

"sorry, sorry" he apologized, "look, you go in there, you apologize, confess you're undying love, and that's it"

"do you really think it's that easy?"

"no" he admitted sheepishly, "probably not"

"christian!"

"alright! i get it! i'm not helping!"

"i don't want to lose her again, man" daniel sighed, "this past year has been hell"

"i know" christian tried his best to comfort his brother, "i can't promise you she'll forgive you.. but it's eleanor, she'll sit there and she'll listen... so you better say the right things. don't waste her time"

"i love her so much, chris"

"then prove it"