f͓̽i͓̽f͓̽t͓̽e͓̽e͓̽n͓̽. m͓̽a͓̽k͓̽i͓̽n͓̽g͓̽ m͓̽i͓̽s͓̽t͓̽a͓̽k͓̽e͓̽s͓̽

"let him know that you know best, 'cause after all you do know best.."
how to save a life - the fray
☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎
february 10th, 2020

"you got back together with him?!" eleanor shrunk back as isaac shouted at her. after spending some time at daniels house and just enjoying each other's presence , she'd decided that it was time to come home and try and explain the situation to isaac. as she sat on the couch, with isaac screaming across from her, she was beginning to heavily regret her decision.

"not exactly.. we're taking things slow" she weakly defended herself

"was that supposed to make it any better?" he glared. he was scolding her as if she was a little kid and it was getting on her nerves.

"isaac, what do you care anyway?"

"what do i care?!" he repeated, laughing sarcastically, "i care because you're my little sister, eleanor. i watched you breakdown over this guy for a year! a year, eleanor! he gives you some shitty apology and all of a sudden the past year doesn't matter?!"

"it's not like that!" she tried explaining, "we're not even really together! we're taking things slow!"

"you're unbelievable, you know that-" the door bursting open cut him off and the two siblings turned to see natalia rushing through the door, a worried expression on her face

"what the hell is going on in here? i can hear the shouting from outside!" she questioned the two of them, a motherly tone to her voice.

"eleanors making a huge mistake" he told her, sending a glare to where his sister sat

"isaacs not minding his own damn business" she glared right back at him

"cut it out, the both of you!" natalia snapped, point a finger at the both of them as if to emphasize her point, "explain the situation to me maturely. can you do that?"

"eleanor got back together with daniel-"

"-no i didn't!"

"-and she won't listen to me when i tell her that she's making a mistake" he continued, completely disregarding ellie's commentary.

she was beginning to get fed up. she understood why he was being so protective, but she was angered by the fact that he wasn't understanding her.

"it's not you who gets to decide that!" she shouted at him, "you can't control my life!"

"obviously somebody needs to decide for you since you can't do it yourself!"

"enough!" natalia yelled, silencing the both of them, "do you hear yourselves right now? are you kidding me?!" she looked on at them in shock, not believing they were acting like this.

"she started it" he mumbled

"i did not!"

"and you're still going?!" nattie snapped. eleanor rolled her eyes and went to stand from the couch, not wanting to deal with this anymore, but she was stopped by natalia gently pushing her back down, "you're staying right there" she told her sternly, "we're going to talk about this like the mature adults you're supposed to be!" she took a seat next to ellie and glanced between the two siblings before settling her gaze on eleanor, "explain it to me"

"i had a talk with zach..." she began recalling the events that had unfolded that day and natalia listened intently, nodding along to what she was saying, "... and i ended up at daniels house" she explained to her, "i love him so much, nat. i couldn't keep pretending like i didn't" she pleaded with her to understand where she was coming from

natalia nodded understandingly, "it's okay, lennie" she smiled reassuringly, "you didn't do anything wrong"

"are you kidding me?!" isaac began disagreeing, and natalia raised her hand, stopping him from continuing

"don't start." she warned him, "i understand why you may be upset, but this isn't up to you to decide." she told him softly, "you're protective and i get it.. but you need to trust that she knows what she's doing"

isaac sighed in defeat, "i don't want her to get hurt again" he admitted, "it hurt me seeing how broken you were, lennie. i don't want that to happen again"

ellie stood from the couch and walked over to isaac, taking a seat next to him. she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him into a hug, "i love you, isaac. so much. i need you to trust me, alright? please."

"i love you too, len.. and i do trust you." he pulled her in tighter, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

natalia awed at the sight, "that's so precious" she sniffled , "it's like watching my own two kids make up"

the siblings rolled there eyes and broke apart from their hug, eleanor barley having a moment to breathe before she was being hurled up from the couch

"now that that's over... you've gotta tell me all the details of what happened!"