Past

- Mafuyu -

It's been two days since Uenoyama-kun asked me to join their band, and two days since Haruma came to me. It took me by surprise, how he cried into my shoulders, whispering that he found me. I wanted to cry with him, I wanted to tell him it's alright, I wanted to embrace him, but I was too scared that time.

I walk down the unfamiliar road, my phone in hand in case I got lost. Today, I have a job interview so I left school as soon as classes ended. Now that I mentioned school, how is Uenoyama-kun doing?

I arrived at the venue, checking it was the right one, I head inside, looking around. People gathered inside, all lining up at a counter, behind that was a female brunette with pale pink eyes. I slowly approached the counter, avoiding people so I won't hit them.

"A-ano... Satō Mafuyu, I'm here for an interview." I said after reaching the front.

"Ah, it's you. There's still an ongoing event so you'll have to wait until it finishes. How about you watch while you wait?" She asked, handing me a ticket. Taking it, I examined the small paper in my hands before bowing.

I walked further inside, examining and getting familiar with my surroundings. Deciding to inform someone I'm here, I opened my phone and searched for Haruki-san's number.

Haruki-san

Mafuyu
I'm at the concert venue
for the interview.

Haruki-san
Okay, update me.
Good luck!

I smiled at my phone before putting it away, hearing the sound of the instruments and mic being tested.

"It's starting, who's gonna be the opening act this time?" I heard someone behind me said.

"I'm not sure, but I heard it was a new band of three college students-"

"Only three?" Someone interrupted the second one, a slapping noise heard after.

"Ow!" The same voice exclaimed with a huff.

"I'm not finished yet, three college students and a high school student. They're all boys."

"Ah... Hello." A foreign male voice on the mic said.

I stared at the stage and saw three boys in different clothing. One of them sat behind the drums while two of them are holding guitars. Each of them have microphones in front of them, the front one is still vacant, a sign that they are missing one member, even the drummer have one. Each of them checked the microphone once again before giving a thumbs up to someone above. The lights went out then the heavy beats of the drums were heard.

"Take what you want, take what you want and go~" A voice sang, echoing through the whole room, silencing the audience then another beat of the drum as the same lines echoed once again but this time, 4 different voices sang then the lights opened. I stared at the stage with my eyes widened in surprise.

There, on the stage he stood. He holds no instrument, but he stood in front of the microphone, holding it as he sang the lines.

Haruma:

"Sugisatta arashi no, ato no shizukesani.
(After the storm, everything was quiet.)
Tadazun da tonari ni, Kimi wa inai.
(I stood still but you were no longer by my side.)"