Time

-  -
Never have I thought that this was how it ended.

Haruma stood still before the countless of books laying untouched on the shelf. His eyes seemed to sparkle in amazement as he scanned through them.

"Haru-chan, what are you doing there?" Asked by his dark haired friend. He looked at the other, smiling brightly.

"Hiira ni-chan, do you think I'll finish all of them?" He said with excitement, pointing at the bookshelf behind him. Hiiragi followed his finger before crossing his arms.

"That many? Won't you get tired of reading them?" He asked before taking his hand into his.

"Don't even bother, just play with us!" Hiiragi dragged Haruma away from the shelf, but his eyes never once left the line of books on it.

From that day on, Haruma stopped playing a lot, shutting himself away from his circle of friends, reading books day after day. They pay it no mind, all of them but Hiiragi. He wanted to spend more time with him, he wanted to play with him more, he wanted to talk and laugh with him more.

He wanted them to be best of friends.

Though he won't admit it to anyone, he do. And every day it saddens him that Haruma won't play with them, with him, for long and shuts himself again in his room. That's how Hiiragi blamed the books he found that day. It may seem funny, but he did.

As years pass by, he tried approaching Haruma, hoping to gain the attention he once received from the said boy when they were younger, but to no luck, his obsession to books got worse.

"Kashima, stop pestering Haruma." Shizusumi told his fuming friend, who's stumping his feet angrily on the ground, rejected once again by Haruma.

"Not until he spend time with us more often. I mean, what's with those books? They're just words on it!" He complained, fastening his pace.

Shizusumi looked at him in confusion, mentally asking why does he try so hard when the other won't even bother have a decent talk with him. He knew, Hiiragi may be stubborn and annoying for sure, but this type of Hiiragi, who wants attention, is new to him. Years have passed and they were now in high school, all of them except Haruma.

"Haruma." Called Hiiragi to the boy. Haruma looked at him for a second before closing the book in his hand.

"Hiiragi, what is it this time?" He asked, a bit relieved that someone interrupted him or he'll never stop reading until he finishes the book. Hiiragi rejoiced inside, seeing Haruma stop.

"Wanna check the band your brother, Shizu and I formed?" He asked, praying he'll say yes, which he did. They walked through the streets and to the place where they have to meet up. It was Haruma's first time seeing Yuki so excited, probably because his brother came to see them.

They showed him what they love. They showed him music, showed him songs, showed him art, but Haruma felt weird and stood there uncomfortable. To him, something wasn't right.

Then he left.

In the middle of the song, he left, without saying a word. Sure, they sync, but he just doesn't like it, he can't shake off that familiar feeling, it scares him.