I

Gaege had recently moved to Texas, wanting out of the shithole mouse-trap known as Florida and wanting to be closer to his friends from The Boys, Eddie and Narrator. He had been torn about where to move though, almost settling on Austin so he would be between his two friends, but his mind was changed when Eddie called to say he and Gabriella had broken up.
Although it was a mutual decision, stemmed from one wanting kids and the other loathing them, Eddie was heartbroken and needed a shoulder to cry on. Without thinking twice or even once actually, this dude probably has like two brain cells and one of them plays No No Square on repeat while the other is just depressed, Gaege packed up his things and moved into Eddie's San Antonio home with him.
Months passed and their friendship only grew stronger, while slight flirting ensued. Gaege had been harboring a small crush on Eddie practically since they met, and the close proximity coupled with doing literally everything together was only strengthening his feelings. Eddie, on the other hand, was teetering on the edge of discovery. He'd known he is bi since high school, but Gabriella was his one and only for so long and so now he had no idea what to do. "How do you even go about exploring your feelings for another man?" ran through his head constantly. Was it even feelings beyond friendly? Maybe he was just overthinking it and fooling himself into believing it was more.
But one night, as Eddie watched Gaege begin cooking their dinner, he jumped off that edge.