Bitter truth

Aman's Apartment
It was a late night but Anjali's mind was as occupied as someone with a busy Monday, thereon galloping down the food Anjali started talking about the things which prevailed before Shyam's entered her life.
she started making plans of doing things which Aman and she used to do, her chote, her family she talked about everything, but not about Shyam. Although Aman was happy that she took the decision of divorcing him, but after that particular decision Anjali hadn't spoken anything about Shyam, which made him worried.
Aman then texted Arnav "Anjali is in denial of her suffering".
He talked with Anjali without any worries shown. He was careful not to talk regarding her misery. All night they laughed, chit-chatted, drank coffee ate the ice cream, even watched a film. While watching the film Anjali finally slept.
Next day late morning
Anjali woke up and wander around the apartment. House help was cleaning the kitchen.
Aman: she is sleeping, I cannot say anything about her, but as I mentioned earlier she was in denial last night.
From afar Anjali saw Aman busy on-call she did not bother to disturb him.
She started looking for things in the kitchen cabinets to make breakfast.
The house help looked at Anjali thoroughly judging her.
House help thoughts: she is wearing her nuptial chain yet spends a night with a bachelor man.
Anjali: do you know where are all the ingredients kept?
House help doesn't reply and continued cleaning vessels
Anjali repeats her question a little louder, thinking that she did not speak audibly enough earlier.
Hearing Anjali repeating the question
She irritably replies
House help: what do you want?
By then Aman came and glares at the house help furiously.
Aman: Anjali, your brother was on call, Khushi bhabhi wants us to be there for breakfast.
Anjali: but I am hungry Aman. we can go home, later on, let's have breakfast over here.
House help although started doing her own work after Aman's stare but curiously glances at the duo and focussed on their talks.
Aman: all of them are worried about you Anjali.
Anjali: worried for me why?
House help thoughts: hmm so she stays at her maternal home, her husband must have left her because of her character.
Aman: okay have your breakfast, but then you are coming with me to your home.
Anjali doesn't reply but Aman again dials a number.
Aman: ASR, ask bhabi not to make anything we are having our food over here.

Cutting the call Aman orders Savita to make some light Maharashtrian breakfast for them and leaves the kitchen and moves into the study room dialling numbers once again.
Anjali goes to the living area and started watching tv while sitting on the sofa.
The file is still kept on the table and Anjali continuously stares at the name embossed on the file.
SHYAM MANOHAR JHA
Taking the file she goes into the kitchen starts the stove and burns the file
Savita: madam! what are you doing?
Anjali looks at the burning name of Shyaam and creepily smiles.
Savita looks at her and thinks her to be crazy. She Shouts
Savita: Saheb please reach here fast. look what madam is doing.
Aman who was still on phone heard the commotion and runs towards the kitchen and saw what Anjali was doing. But doesn't stops her.
ASR: what was that noise Aman, is DI ok?
Aman: yup, everything is fine, your sister is burning the PI report of SHYAM.
ASR: What the Aman! why are you not stopping her?
Aman: because she is happy looking at her husband's name burning.
After Burning the file she looks at Aman
Anjali: I hope you remember to file a divorce petition
Aman nods
Anjali: I want him to rot till death Aman. I want him to suffer. I want him to be punished for breaching my trust. He played with my emotions Aman I want him to be in pain. I don't know how you do it, but I want him wishing for his death. I want SHYAM MANOHAR JHA destroyed, the same way he tried to destroy my life. Now I get how live wires were there in the pool on new year's. He wanted to kill my BABY Aman. If that day Mamaji would not have saved me, my child would have been killed.
Anjali started crying out loud hugging her belly. Aman was beyond shock. Anjali was pregnant.
Savita who was a silent spectator until now tried comforting Anjali.
Savita: Saheb. Madam should not be wailing like this. It is not good for the baby.
Aman came out of shock hearing Savita
Aman sat on the floor beside Anjali
Meanwhile, Savita fetched water for her.
Aman made her sip.
Aman: relax Anjali. Nothing will happen to your baby. I promise you that man will suffer more than Hell I will make sure of that.

Late Morning
Lounge Area Shantivan
As no one properly slept last night, morning routines prevailed late
Khushi was looking after breakfast. Nani was not well but at least she was not hysterical like last night.
Lavanya and Nk were on-call informing the office staff to postpone the shoots
Khushi looked the unsettled Arnav who was constantly on a call with Aman since the time he woke up
Handing over her errand to Hariprakash she went towards Arnav
Khushi: I know you won't be calm up until Di arrives here. Why don't you call them for breakfast?
Arnav nodded to her suggestion and she walked back to the kitchen
Aman: I heard what Bhabhi said... It's a good idea.
Arnav was relaxed now. Di would soon be in front of him. Not that he doesn't trust Aman's word but the text Aman gave him last night he only read in the morning. He wants to assure himself that DI doesn't lose her sanity.
A few minutes later Arnav's relaxed mind again went in chaos As Aman informed about the cancelled breakfast plan, and immediately cut the call.
Arnav: what the fuck
Khushi came there hearing his profanity
Khushi: what happened Arnavji?
Arnav: Aman cancelled the Breakfast plan. How dare he... This time it is too much
Arnav was ranting on and on when Aman called him again
Arnav: what the fuck is wrong with you Aman? why did you cut the damn call? why did you cancel the breakfast plan?
Aman: Calm down Arnav. I cancelled because Anjali doesn't want to come home yet and like I said, we should be giving her space and time
Arnav was getting frustrated hearing the term space and time again and again and was about to last Aman but then he heard a loud noise from Aman side someone was screaming
He asked Aman about it..... But for a few moments, there was no reply
Arnav: are you there..... What was the noise Aman is DI ok?
Aman: yup, everything is fine, your sister is burning the PI report of SHYAM.
Arnav: What the Aman! why are you not stopping her?
Aman: because she is happy looking at her husband's name burning.
Arnav: don't cut the call, Aman. Be online got that?
Aman did not reply but haven't even cut the call either.
Arnav waited to hear his Di's voice. If he cannot see her at least he could hear what his di has to say.
What he heard on the call took his breath away
His DI was pregnant. That bastard tried to kill the unborn child.
Khushi was still standing in front of him. The moment she saw him getting teary. She engulfed him in a hug, trying to take away his pain.
Raizada's along with Lavanya looked at them and came near
NK: what happened Nannav is DI ok?
Arnav broke the hug and composed himself
He took a moment before he spoke
Arnav: That bastard tried to kill his own child. Di is pregnant.
••--------••••------§---------••••------********-------------§
So what do you think of the update?
Do leave your opinion through inline comments. And never forget to vote if you like it.
Do check my new story "I am not a Cinderella" I had put my heart and soul in it.