Chapter 1

Should you always trust your family? Or anyone for that matter?

Absolutly not. Its something i learnt a while ago, something im used to by now. I guess it all started right after my mother died when i was 7, after that life for me went down the drain. My mom was your local drugy, every drug there was she was on, at the time i didnt understand much but you cant really miss your own mother snorting a line of white powder for breakfast. She died of a drug overdose, i was the one who found her lying in her own vomit on the kitchen floor. 

Now lets get to father, before mom died he was the best, he made sure i was fead, watered and clothed everyday for school. Im not sure why he stayed with my mom maybe it was because he loved her even though the woman he married died a long time ago, he didnt give up hope. Dad was what you can call a good gone bad type of person. By this i mean after she died he tured well more like a strangfer than a father. 

Thats when the beatings started. Image a tiny 7 year old girl being pushed and shoved downstairs for looking at someone the wrong way, or not getting up on time for school, for even not flushing the toilet when she was finished. Yeah well that was me, the girl who was beat for no reason and everytime she tried to escape would land her with an even worse beating. Each year they got worse, the beatings anyway, however over time lieing to friends and teachers became a habit. escuses like ' i fell down the staris' or ' i fell off my skateboard' these things just rolled off my lips by the time i hit High School.

It all came crashing down when a teacher wouldnt buy by lies, from there was foster home after foster home, police station after police station. I ran away countless times but they always found me or i ran out of money.

So that leads me to today. April 7th 2020, my 21st birthday. Ive always wanted to move to New York when i turned the legal age, so todays the day. Im moving in with my Aunt Jena and Uncle John, they were my mothers side of the family so until i turned 18 i didnt even know they existed because well my father. Its been 2 days since my last beating. I know what your all thinking about me being in foster care but after i turned 18 i had no choice but to go back to him, i had no money, no home i had nothing. Father doesnt know im leaving today so thats going to be a suprise when he gets home from work. 

I have a 2 hour slot between lunch and the time he gets home from work to make my escape. When i hear the front door close i run downstairs with my backpack on, wallet and keys in hand. I sit in the window as i watch his car pull away as hes heading back to work. nows my chance, i launch myself off of the sofa and sprint to the front door. Opening it i turn to look at my family home, so many good memories here but so many bad ones. I make my way to my car and jump in, starting the engine and practically speeding down my drive and away from my house. I look in the reiview mirror at the prison i once called 'home'.

2 hours into the drive my phone starts ringing. 

"Hello?"

'Hey sweetie.'  A high pitched voice says on the other line and i already know who it is.

"Hi Aunt Jenna, im about one hour away."

'Good, honey its been years since we last saw you i cant wai- we cant wait to see how grown up you look. Your going to love it here. oh i forgot to ask, does your father know your coming?'

"I'll show you guys everything when i get there okay?"

Sure honey well ive got to go set up your bed. talk soon.

"Bye Aunt Jenna."   *hangs up*

One more hour and then i can finally say and feel safe. This is going to be one long hour.

****************************************************************************************

THIS IS MY FIRST BOOK THAT IM GOING TO PUPBLISH SO IF ITS NOT THAT GOOD DONT COME AT ME.