One.

Kesley Bou as Savannah Grey

"Are you sure about this, Savannah?" I stop packing my suitcase, and look up at my mother, who is standing in the doorway of my childhood bedroom

"I am, mom," I tell her with a soft smile. I pick up a folded t-shirt, and place it into my suitcase, then zip it up. "UCLA is my dream school. Going to California for college will open so many doors for me."

"I'm just going to miss you so much. Are you sure a school here in Nevada wouldn't work?" I can see the sadness in her eyes, but she knows where I stand on this topic.

"I'm a two hour plane ride away, momma. I will come visit all the time. I promise." I walk over to her and give her a tight hug, knowing she's seconds away from bursting into tears. I'm her youngest daughter, and the only one still living at home.

My three older brothers have been moved out for some time now. Zac is 28, Keegan is 25, and Joey is 22, while I am just now 18. I think it was easier with them moving out though, since I'm the youngest and my mom's baby girl. Plus, her and my dad divorced last year, so I imagine it's even harder.

——

Fast forward 5 years later, and I'm on the verge of being kicked out of UCLA. I was dropped from my scholarship because I dropped below an A in a couple of my classes. In my defense, my grandma on my moms side died, so I was a little distracted. But now, I'm struggling to find a way to keep my scholarship, or make the money to stay in school.

Which is why I've applied to be a live-in nanny for a five year old little girl. Her dad is the CEO of some company, so they're rich as hell. That's not the only reason I'm doing it though. I do love working with children, and if I didn't go into law, I was going to become a pediatrician. Maybe now I will, if I lose this scholarship.

"Hi, honey! Come on in! You must be Savannah Grey. I'm Sasha Kingsley-Taylor," a beautiful blue eyed red-head greets me at the door, motioning for me to come in.

"Thank you. It's so nice to meet you. Your house is beautiful." She laughs softly, shaking her head like I just made a joke.

"Oh, sweetie. This isn't my house, but I will take that as a compliment that I look young enough to have a five year old," she teases, making me laugh.

"I apologize. Are the parents home? Is she? I'm sorry, the information didn't give any names." I nervously tuck a strand of my long blonde hair behind my ear.

"Wesley, my son, will be home any minute. And Lily, his daughter and my granddaughter is in her room playing. The mother isn't in the picture," she tells me, then starts heading up a staircase, and down a hallway. "Follow me."

I quickly follow behind her, until we reach a large light blue room that's decorated in everything Elsa from Frozen.

"Lily, come meet your new nanny, Savannah," Mrs. Kingsley-Taylor says to the beautiful brunette playing with Barbie dolls. She looks up and her bright blue eyes connect with my green ones.

"Hi sweetie! I'm Savannah, but you can call me Sav if that's easier." She smiles at me and runs up to me.

"You're so pretty, Sav," she tells me, her cute voice in a whisper.

"Thank you, Lily. You are also so pretty." I grin, crouching down to her height.

"I know. My daddy tells me every day. Right daddy?" Lily looks behind me, and I quickly stand up, turning around on my heels.

I'm stunned. That's all. Absolutely stunned. Her dad is so fucking good looking. Holy shit. Sav, get it together! He is your boss!

"Absolutely, baby girl," his deep voice says, and his blue eyes that are the same as his moms and Lily's, land on me. "I'm sorry, you are?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Savannah Grey, your live-in nanny." I stick my hand out for him to shake. He looks at it for a second, then slowly shakes my hand, before dropping it.

"Right." He nods, and I swear he looks me up and down, then his eyes flicker back to Lily and his mom. "Mom, could you stay with Lily for a few minutes? While I talk to Miss Grey."

"Of course, sweetie," his mom agrees, and he steps out of Lily's room, then looks back at me, waiting for me to follow him. I send a small wave to Lily and Mrs. Kingsley-Taylor, and follow Mr. Taylor down the stairs and down another hallway. He opens the door to a large office, and motions for me to come in.

"Please, have a seat." I take a seat in front of his desk, and he sits behind the desk. "Tell me about yourself, Miss Grey."

"I'm 23 years old. I was born and raised in Las Vegas, but I moved here five years ago to go to UCLA school of law. Um, I have three older brothers, making me the youngest." He nods when I finish, looking in thought.

"If you're in law school, why take this job?" he questions.

"I'm at risk to lose my scholarship, so I need to save up money to pay for the last two years of school. If I didn't go to law school, I would have been a pediatrician. I just want you to know that I'm here because I love kids, and not just because I need the money."

"I see. Nice answer. Can you tell me why you're losing your scholarship? I need to make sure the person working for me and watching my daughter doesn't get into trouble," his eyes are hard now.

"No, no it's nothing like that. My grandma died a few months back, so my grades dropped to a B instead of an A, and I'm at risk to lose my academic scholarship."

"I think you will fit in perfectly here. If you already have your stuff, you can move in now. Or, tomorrow, and I can send someone to move everything for you."

"Oh, I don't have my stuff. I wanted to be sure I got the job first," I respond, and he nods.

"Understandable. I'll send my movers to your address, and they will bring your stuff here. Welcome, Miss Grey."

I'm excited I got the job, but holy fuck. Will I last here with this sexy, emotionless, demanding man? I fucking hope so.