♡ seven

Soyeon

Jihoon is not someone who wastes time. The next day after he asked Hyerin out on a date, on chat. Jihoon told me that Hyerin said yes. Well of course, what would I expect?

Having it heartbreaking, I still tried to act like I am happy for the both of them. Jihoon is confident, I know him.  He'll have no problems in making Hyerin his girlfriend. Plus, Hyerin already likes him.

"I'm going now, mom," I bid mom goodbye as I kissed her cheek.

"Okay, honey. Enjoy your time at the arcade," mom smiled at me.

I smiled back and left quickly.

I feel guilty about lying to mom. She's always at home and she always does her best to be a good mother and here I am, lying about where I am going.

I just hope dad won't pass by and see me. He's often not home and so I'm wishing he won't see me because he doesn't like the idea of me going out.

Jihoon told me that he's taking Hyerin  to a beautiful garden after noon. I want to be there on time. I want to spy on them.

I know that what I'm doing is wrong but I can't help it. I want to make sure that they don't hug or kiss. Just having that known I would go back home relieved.

I arrived at the garden with people staring at me since I probably look like a kidnapper right now; black mask, black cap, black shoes, black long sleeves, and black jeans. I tied my hair into a low ponytail too.

I hid behind trees as I try to find Jihoon and Hyerin.

Ugh, just the thought of the two of them together makes my heart ache.

What I'm doing right now might make me lose my friendship with Jihoon. I just have to be careful.

Soon enough I found them both walking along bushes and eating ice cream.

I'm so sad. I thought eating ice cream while walking was me and Jihoon's thing. He probably bought it for her.

Jihoon is smiling.

He's happy.

I saw them both finish their ice cream and sit down on a bench.

Mostly, Hyerin was talking. Jihoon kept listening to her.

They were like that for minutes now so I felt a little comfortable and less worried. But suddenly something happened.

It was all so fast.

Hyerin said something and cupped Jihoon's face. She leaned in and kissed him.

I feel my body getting cold as ice. And my heart doesn't seem to be beating anymore. All I feel is the cold filling my body.

I felt like my heart was hammered hard when I saw Jihoon place his hand on Hyerin's waist. He has his eyes closed and he was kissing her back.

I feel a painful lump in my throat as tears started falling down my eyes.

I couldn't move.

I want to unsee this. I want to think that this isn't happening right now. I want to have Jihoon with me right now.

My legs were shaking.

With all the energy I have, I left the place quietly and unseen. I feel like all the energy in my body have been drained by the pain in my heart.

Honestly, I don't know where I'm going know.

The rain started pouring and I have no umbrella with me.

Rain before winter.

What a sad notion.

I recalled the time me and Jihoon were at the beach with my parents and his friends. It was fun back then. We were playing by the sand and we were playing by the sea. He looked happy with me in that moment. It was just the two of us.

I also remembered a time when we were in high school. As I said before me and Jihoon are polar opposites. He would usually invite me to cut classes and of course I always declined. But one time I couldn't take it anymore because he keeps bugging me about it.

We went to the arcade and we even pranked stranger's houses like elementary kids. We were caught by a teacher who has a different shift and we had detention together. But even if a place is boring, with Jihoon around, everything brightens up. I had a good time in detention that time. We sang songs and played games.

He really looked happy with me back then.

I wish I could bring back memories. But sadly, I can only capture them.

There was a sudden loud honk of a horn and a blinding light.

I turned my head with wide eyes and saw a car rushing straight towards me.

Everything was so fast.

"Soyeon-ah!"

A familiar voice was all I heard before everything started fading away into darkness.