♡ thirteen

Jihoon

"Hoonie-yah, please?" Hyerin begged to me.

I have been feeling uncomfortable with Hyerin's clingy attitude. I feel like I am being prisoned. I can't quite breathe.

"H-hyerin, I told you I'm going to visit Soyeon, we often go out and I feel like I am neglecting Soyeon recently." I reasoned, which was true.

I miss her already.

Hyerin's face suddenly became dark as she crossed her arms. She snapped, "why do you always hang out with Soyeon?"

"She's my best friend, Hyerin. I don't want to lose her," I told her for the nth time. "You need to understand that."

She turned her back from me and wiggled her head, "Soyeon, Soyeon, Soyeon, it's always been Soyeon!"

I leaned my back on the wall and crossed my arms. This is too much. She's making me and Soyeon's friendship look bad.

She scoffed, "you like Soyeon, don't you?"

I was about to say that I don't when I remembered the time me and Soyeon went to the amusement park where I enjoyed seeing her happy and where I kissed her forehead.

I found myself speechless, not knowing what to say.

"I knew it," she laughed, but it was fake.

"I-I don't, okay?" I stared at her. "I'm not going anymore, happy now?"

It took her a few seconds to react. She smiled and hugged my arm. "Yes, hoonie~ thank you!"

I pursed my lips and hummed.

She cupped my face and gave a peck on my lips. "Bye, see you later okay?"

I just nodded and faked a smile.

The moment she went out of Hyunsuk's house I sighed and held my forehead.

Why do I suddenly regret dating her?

She's the one I have been liking ever since I got to college. How come I regret my decision?

Soyeon's tips for dating has gone to waste now.

I heard a door from upstairs close and soon there were footsteps that were getting louder. I saw Hyunsuk coming down and I greeted him. "Good morning."

He stopped by a step and leaned on the railing. "You don't look like you had a good morning."

I studied his facial expressions and posture. He doesn't look normal for me. Is he mad at me?

I sighed and looked down. "Sorry."

"Jihoon-ah," he called me in a serious manner. "I trusted you with Hyerin."

I remained silent, not knowing how to respond properly.

"You're my friend, but if you hurt my sister I will definitely kill you." His tone was cold, and it looks like he means what he said.

After he said that he walked up to me and gave a pat on my shoulder. "Don't make her cry."

I nodded and he went to the dining room.

I feel pressured right now.

I need fresh air.

I need to take a walk.

"Hyunsuk-ah, I'm going for a walk." I excused myself and I heard him hum.

I went out the door and checked if Hyerin is still here. Good thing she isn't. I walked away from Hyunsuk's house and went straight to a store and bought hot choco.

Since it's winter I want to bring something to warm Soyeon up. I'm visiting her house while Hyerin isn't around.

The moment I went by their block I saw Soyeon by her window, reading something. Ahh, such a bookworm, hehe. Is that the reason why she's so smart?

I rang the doorbell and as soon as Soyeon's mom saw me she let me in and patted a few snowflakes off my head.

I rubbed my gloved hands together when I got inside.

"Oh, what's that?" Her mom asked me.

I handed over a cup to her and she smiled. "It's for you, eomma."

"Aigoo, you really are so thoughtful aren't you!" She exclaimed and pinched my cheek.

Soyeon's mom make me feels like I have my mom back with me. Soyeon's family is so warm.

I saw Soyeon's dad by the sofa watching news. He glanced at me and I bowed. "G-good morning, sir Lee."

Sometimes, Soyeon's dad scares me. So I'm trying hard to make a good impression to him.

Oh no! I forgot to bring him a drink.

Aish, so much for making a good impression on her father...

He smiled at me and it eased me a little. I felt relieved.

Soyeon's mom pointed somewhere. "Soyeon's in her room."

I nodded and thanked them before dashing to her room.

I knocked and without even two seconds passing by the door opened and I am greeted by a smiling face Soyeon.

"What's making you so happy right now that you're smiling like that?" I asked her in a teasing manner.

I handed her the hot choco and she gratefully accepted it. "Thank you!"

She hugged me and I felt warm. I love it when she hugs me.

I went inside her room and she closed the door. We both sat down on her bed as she told me why she has been smiling. She told me that it's about the book she's reading.

What a cutie she really is.

I glanced at where she keeps her photo-album plant and noticed that there were more pictures now. Familiar ones. I smiled at how creative and sentimental this girl is.

She started asking how my day was and I told her a lot of things including Hyerin's case. After those stuff we talked about silly things again like we usually do.

Sadly, I only have an hour with her.

Oh, if I could bring back the time I don't have a girlfriend yet then I would definitely spend all day with Soyeon again.

I'm suddenly thinking about what Hyerin said. Maybe I do like my best friend. If I am wishing that I could bring back time and not have a girlfriend because I want to be with Soyeon more, then maybe I do like her.