♡ eight

Soyeon

"Wake up..."

I heard someone whisper so I slowly opened my eyes. My eyes adjusted to the light and soon enough I was able to see the person in front of me.

I was wishing that it's Jihoon.

But to my dismay, it's not him.

"Asahi, what are you doing here?" I asked with hoarse voice.

I was about to sit up when he pushed my shoulder lightly back to the bed. "You shouldn't move a lot for now."

I looked around and realized that I'm in my room. I asked him, "what happened?"

"You fainted," he answered quickly, still staring at me with his emotionless face.

"I thought I got hit by a car..." I whispered.

"You didn't, luckily." He said.

"Thank you for taking me home..." I thanked him.

So it was him who screamed my name before I fainted.

I bit my lip as I remembered Jihoon kissing Hyerin. I feel my heart aching so I shut my eyes tightly to prevent from tearing up.

"Hey, stop stressing your life over Jihoon," Asahi suddenly said which made me look at him.

How did he know that I was thinking about him?

"You're still too young, there are bigger problems in life that you will face as you grow older." He tried cheering me up.

He's right.

I shouldn't think too much about this.

It's just puppy love.

I'll find someone better than Jihoon.

I nodded and found myself tearing up.

"It's just that..." I cried. "What I saw was painful."

He remained silent for a few seconds before scooting closer to me and hugged me.

As I felt his hug I wished that it was Jihoon's muscular arms. I wished that it was him warm body that is wrapped around me right now. Jihoon is the definition of comfort for me. Although he's the reason why I am crying right now.

He suddenly pulled away from our hug and pulled something out from his pocket. It was his phone. He was doing something with it until I suddenly heard music.

It was an acoustic guitar.

"I thought that letting out your emotions out would make you feel a lot better." He said. "I am not an expert when it comes to love and heartbreak but I'm sure songs would accompany you better than me."

Taylor Swift suddenly started singing and I realized that it was one of her old songs, 'Teardrops on my guitar.'

I took a pillow and hugged it tight as I cried along the lyrics of the song.

I had flashbacks of everytime Hyerin and Jihoon would shoot sweet glances at each other, everytime Hyerin talked about Jihoon, and everytime Jihoon's eyes would sparkle whenever he sees her.

It's very clear that I have no chance with him yet why am I still hoping that he'd notice me and realize my love for him. I wish he'd see me the he sees Hyerin.

Another painful flashback came to me. It was their date. Their kiss. Hyerin's sinful lips on Jihoon's innocent ones.

My cries worsened.

The song ended and my tears slowly stopped.

Asahi patted my shoulder. "Are you feeling better?"

I nodded. "Better."

He smiled at me.

Asahi rarely smiles, so it made me smile too.

"Your mom was worried you know," he said.

I looked down. "Please don't tell her about it."

Before he could say anything I heard loud and desperate knocks on my door before it opened.

I was shocked to see Yoshinori standing at the door with a worried face.

(He will keep on appearing most in my fanfics bc he is such a sweet angel)

The moment his eyes landed on me he rushed in and held my hand. "Are you okay?"

I chuckled and nodded.

"You can still laugh after getting hit?"

Asahi clicked his tongue. "I told you she didn't got hit, she fainted."

I laughed at the both of them.

I wiped the remaining tears in my eyes and I heard Yoshi clicked his tongue.

"Did you cry?" Yoshi asked in a worried tone and I nodded.

"Who made you cry?" Yoshi asked once more and suddenly she chuckled. "We'll beat up whoever made you cry, right Asahi?"

Asahi answered briefly, "better not say that."

"Its okay Yoshi..." I smiled at him.

I'm happy that these guys are trying their best to cheery me up and make me feel okay.

Yoshi pulled me into a hug and stroked my hair. I found comfort in it so I closed my eyes. His vibe is almost like Hyunsuk's.

"Seriously, who made you cry?" Yoshi persisted.

Asahi remained silent and I did too since I don't know if I should tell him and how I would tell him.

Yoshi pulled away from the hug and held my shoulders as he stared into my eyes. "I promise I won't beat up whoever made you cry, just tell me so maybe I can help."

I glanced at Asahi but he had no reaction. I sighed and looked away.

"I... I was hurt when I saw... Jihoon and Hyerin kissing." I said in a low voice but I am sure that they heard that.

Asahi made an 'o' with his lips as he tilted his head. Yoshi on the other hand is still staring at me.

"How did you know they were kissing? Did you follow them?" Yoshi asked.

I nodded in shame.

The both of them chuckled. Yoshu patted my back. "Hey, it's okay. We do notice that something is going on with you whenever you're around Jihoon."

Was I that obvious?

"Really?" I asked, surprised.

"Sometimes," he said.

I bit my lip in embarrassment.

"It's cute though," he cheered me up. "Although, liking someone who likes someone else isn't something that should be encouraged."

Yoshi's words struck into my heart.

He's right.

Maybe... I should start moving on from him.

I should start putting some distance between me and Jihoon until I feel nothing for him anymore.