Chapter nine

||Love your demons||

"Jack is totally checking you out" Bree nudged my shoulder as we wondered through the village town. I followed her gaze to the blond haired boy leaning against the wall, laughing so hard his face was turning into a tomato. Harrison Beck was beside him also turning into a tomato. He wasn't checking me out they were cracking up about something.

"He's just laughing" I said.

"He's pretending when you look away he looks to you, when you look at him he looks away"

"That's so stupid" I sighed a laugh and it was.

Before I met Luke if Bree told me Jack was checking me out I would have had a happiness fit, I'd be nervous and scared wondering if he likes me but now I don't really care.

We walked into 'perfect', a perfume shop which always wreaked of strong perfume, mind you I love perfume but too much of it is sickly and soffocating.

"We are getting the strongest perfume for the festival in here"

I groaned and followed her over to the womans section, watching her pick out three scents and bringing them to her nose. I smirked when she wrinkled her nose subsequently putting all three of them down and pulling an i'm-about-to-vomit-face, it took an hour but we got it down to three perfumes.

"Which one?" She asked. Spraying each one in the air for me to sniff, the first one was too srong for my liking, the second one smelt of nothing at all but the third one was a mixture of fruits strong enough to make my head bob down in delight.

as we walked out of the job carrying a bag with two perfume bottle's we were greeted by Jack and Harrison's smiling faces, Jack ran his hand through his blond hair nervously, his hazel eyes seemed to grow brighter at the sight of Bree and I. Harrison's green eyes were fixed on Bree and ony Bree. He's had a crush on her for as long as I can remember.

"Hello Ladies" Jack said.

very smooth...

"Hi Jack, Hi harrison" Bree said cheerfully.

"Hi" I said after her.

"You guys going to the moon festival?"

"Yeah, just doing some last minute shopping what do you think of this perfume" Bree asked, spraying a bit of the fruity scent into the air so both boys can sniff.

They nodded their heads in approval.

"I haven't seen you in a while Faye" Jack smiled, wrapping his arms around me.

"You too"

"We better get going my Dad's going to freak out if we're not back by six, see you later" Bree and I waved as we wondered off out of the village town and into the few shops next to it, the town wasn't big but it was big enough for a couple more shops. I opted to wait outside because Bree just needed to quickly do a fit in with the dress she had put aside for the festival.

I got a tingly sensation in my bones, a shill which ran down my spine; I was being watched. I couldn't smell who it was, I just hoped it wasn't a rogue.

"I see you're doing shopping"

It was a rogue. But he didn't scare me.

Luke's deep and cheeky voice came from behind me, I spund round to see his face.

"It's for the moon festival" I smiled.

the closer he came to me the more his smile turned into a frown, his blue eyes turned darkner than usual and he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Who is he?" He slurred.

"Who?"

"I don't know you tell me, you smell like him" There was a hint of Anger in his voice, I tried to remember why I would smell of a boy until it hit me, Jack had hugged me so his scent was probaby wafting around me. No Luke didn't have anger in his voice it was something else, something more deeper than that; he had jealousy.

"Jack hugged me it's probably him" I said scared of what he would do. "It was just a friendly hug because he hadn't seen me in a while" I quickly added before he went bezzurk.

He sighed and threated his hands through his hair before smirking playfully and coming closer to me.

"I gotta go, you're friend is coming" He tilted my chin and brushed a soft and sweet kiss upon my lips which was enough to make me go crazy.

"Wait"

But his body had already disapeared into the trees, like he'd become one with them.

"Who were you talking to?" Bree asked holding a white bag in her hand.

"I wasn't talking to anyone"

I was talking to Luke

she shook her head and smiled as we both found our way back to the Alpha's house.

~*****~

Bree went off to find Adrianne, her big sister, and I decided to retreat back to my bedroom. Don and I were still in anger mode with each other, I didn't want to even cross paths with him so I slowly tiptoed past his office;my ballet flats in my hand so my feet wouldn't make a sound on the wooden floor.

"He attacked the Hound Pack" Don's voice sounded through hall.

I let curiosity take over and found myself against his office door listening to his conovation.

"Should we tell her?" Marylin said.

"Who?"

"Faye"

My name rang through my ears.

"Tell her what?"

"Who kiled her parents"

~*****~

Dun DUn DUUUNNNNN who done it all will be revealed in the next chappy but I hope you like this part Jack does have a huge crush on Faye btw I feel bad for him because Faye couldn't care less about him and he's really trying but anywho have a lovely day !

~<3 Mubanga