chapter eighteen

||Love your demons||

A faint knock at the door shook my thoughts, as I sat in front of the dressing table admiring the beautiful flower decor and large range of perfumes and make up products. I'd a already changed into a white dress with a denim jacket. Either Luke really out did himself or Kiera wanted me comfortable.

"Come in" i said.

The door slowly opened and a unfamiliar face popped his head into the room.
I smiled and gestured for him to come in further.

"Sorry to disturb you, luna Fay-"

"Please just call me Faye" I laughed.

He nodded and chuckled "sorry to disturb you Faye but Luke has been busy this afternoon and apologises for not coming to see you but would love you to join us for dinner"

"Okidoki" I said cheerfully, I didn't know where that came from. I just felt a wave of happiness wash over me, one that I didn't want to swim away from so I let it engulf me.

"May I ask you name?" I said as we wondered down the hall.

"Collin" he smiled.

I smiled back and followed him down the hall way. luke's pack house was bigger than Don's it had so many twists and turnes so many doors which made me wonder what hid on the other side.

We entered a hall which were filled with wolves, sat at the table chatting and laughing waiting for their dinner to arrive.
All eyes turned to me when I walked in, I've never felt more embarrassed and self conscious in my life.
My heart beat grew at such an extent I heard throbbing in my ears.

Until I felt a warm hand upon my back did my senses die down again, My heart beat slow down. I was like a hurricane and he was the thing which calmed me down.

"You look like you've seen a ghost" Luke smiled.
I giggled as he took my hand and led me to sit down, it was a long table filled with smiling faces. Keira sat down on the seat nearest to Luke, her smile faded when I sat down next to look; in the Luna's seat.

I forced a smile, hoping to some how rid the angry vibe which was coming off of her but hat didn't work, she shrugged off my attempt to be nice giving me cold and emotionless eyes.

I dismissed her and tried to enjoy myself, being with Luke was all that mattered.
After dinner, I waited until everyone had left. Luke told me to wait while he went to talk to Keira about something, I'm not going to lie it stung when I thought about them together, She was pretty; her pale grey eyes could make any boy fall for her and the way her smile beans when she's around Luke was utterly enchanting.

I'm felt jealousy and fear eat away at my heart as I buried my head in my hands and forced myself to believe it was a lie, It wasn't rocket science, Keira obviously was deeply in love with Luke but it was the lengths she would go to, to have him.

"Sorry to keep you waiting" Luke said.

"No it was fine" I smiled standing up.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me close to his body, A smirk grew on his lips causing the butterflies in my stomach to flitter and scurry around.

"Why are you smiling like that?" I laughed.

"Stay with me tonight" He smirked.

"Shouldn't I get used to my room?" I teased.

"Oh please I promise I won't try anything, I swear"

His begged and begged, pouting his lips and staring deep into my eyes.

"Fine" I smiled.

He kissed the side of my cheek and took my hand, guiding me to his room which was a few rooms down from mine. His pack house was huge, I remembered my first time here. In the
Cell's, where I first met him; it all seems like one big dream.

The slam of his bedroom door echoed through the whole house as I crushed into him, his arms wrapped around me. I closed my eyes and listened to the faint beating of his heart.

~*~

Soooo sorry if this feels a wee bit rushed, I had to finish this chappy off quickly so I could do my biology homework haha xxx
Thank you for the reads!!! And sorry if their any spelling mistakes its unedited xxx I literally had to change the ending bc my friend threatened not to talk to me if I went with my original ending sooo yeah gunna have to change it haha

~Mubanga