26| Sneaky

Chapter 26: Sneaky (Alex's POV)

I walked back into my house after kissing Carter bye. My dad had come back and already left for work. Carter was going to train today. Hannah owed me an explanation, so I called her and asked her to come over by noon, which meant she'd be here any minute now. 

I went up to my room and switched out his boxers for my pajama shorts and hung the dress back up. By the time I made myself something to eat, the bell rang. I went and answered it with toast hanging between my teeth. I stepped aside and let her in. 

"Hey, what's up?" she asked, "How's stuff with you and Carter?" 

"It's great. He asked me to be his girlfriend," I said while pouring the milk into my cup of tea before putting it back in the fridge. 

"Oh, wow. That's great. That must mean you really like him," she said absentmindedly as I turned around and found her on her phone, texting someone. 

"What about you?" I questioned. 

"What about me?" 

"How's everything with you and Connor?" 

"We went on a date yester- wait what? Connor?" she laughed awkwardly. 

"Yeah, you went on a date last night with Connor. Didn't you?" I smirked. 

"Who told you that?" "Answer my question and I'll answer yours," I shrugged. 

"He asked me to hang out, that's all it was," she shrugged. 

"Liar," I retorted. 

"I'm not lying," she huffed. 

"His dad told me. He was attending the party that Carter took me to last night. He said Connor wasn't there because he had a date with a girl named Hannah who he thought was really nice. You got a date and met his parents all in one go, good job," I laughed. 

"It wasn't like that," she whined, "First we just planned to meet to finish the English assignment, but then he said we should hang out. After the assignment. So we finished it at his house and then he just asked me to hang out and go to dinner. He didn't even tell me it was a date till we were leaving," she explained. 

"Well, did you have fun?" 

"Yeah." 

"Do you like him?" 

"Maybe." 

"What about Jake?" 

She didn't know what to say. "I mean, technically, I wasn't his girlfriend anyway," she shrugged. 

"Hannah," I chuckled, "You and him had been going out for a month. I think you owe him an apology with an explanation. Girlfriend or not, you kind of cheated on him," I replied. 

"I know, I just don't know how to tell him," she facepalmed. 

"Call him and ask to meet him. I just hope for your sake he's mature enough to have a conversation about it. I never liked him anyway," I shrugged. 

"You didn't?" 

I shook my head, "Nope. Not for you. Just go tell him," I said. 

"Now?" 

"Why not? Get it over with," I said before glancing at her phone. "I can't believe you went out with Connor and you didn't even tell me. Sneaky bitch. Call him and ask him to meet you. Now," I said while pointing to her phone. 

She sighed in defeat and picked it up to call him. "Hello, Jake? Can I meet you?" 

◆:*:◇:*:◆:*:◇:*:◆