38| Begging

Chapter 38: Begging (Alex's POV)

"You should talk to him," Hannah said. 

"No, she shouldn't," Abby said. I looked between both of them in confusion. 

"If she talks to him she can tell him what really happened because now we've figured it out. Maybe he'll believe her, Abby," Hannah explained. 

"Maybe he won't. She should wait till we prove it and let him come to you so that later he can't say you were bothering him," Abby said. 

"He would never say she's bothering him. He still cares about her, there's no way he wouldn't be there for her if she needed it." 

"She needs her boyfriend and right now, she doesn't have one." 

Thanks. That's a lovely reminder. 

I stared off into space, contemplating what to do. 

"I think you should give him a day or two and then talk to him. He was your friend first," Hannah shrugged. 

"The choice is hers. Let's just leave it up to her," Abby nodded, "What do you want, Alex? You do just that," she said. 

"I want to go talk to him right now," I mumbled. 

"Then do it," Hannah shrugged. 

"Maybe not that," Abby said. 

"Do it," Hannah repeated. 

"Don't do it." 

I looked between the two, slowly throwing the covers off. 

"Okay, you're doing it. That's fine. Let's go," Abby shrugged while standing up. 

"I'm going myself. You guys are going home." I pulled on my flip flops and a jacket I had lying around. 

Abby opened her mouth to argue but Hannah grabbed her arm. "Okay," she nodded, "Good luck." 

I re-tied my hair and splashed some water on my face before grabbing my phone and keys and heading out after Hannah and Abby. I walked slowly. Really slowly. 

I wanted to see him. I wanted to explain. I wanted to make him believe me. But at the same time, I was dreading it. I finally made it to his house and stood at the door, contemplating whether I should ring the doorbell and do this or just turn around and leave. 

Forget it. Call me a wuss. 

I turned around to leave while biting my nails, the jacket running past my arms. Before I could step off the porch, the front door opened behind me. "Bye, yeah, see you later." 

I closed my eyes and bit my bottom. 

I could just make a run for it. 

"Alex?" 

I winced before slowly turning around. Connor and Zach were heading out and Carter looked... messed up. Connor stared at me in confusion but Zach looked at me knowingly with a small smile on his face. "Connor, we should go," Zach said before leaving with him. 

"Hi," I breathed. 

"Hi," he replied. 

It would be easier if he just slammed that door in my face. 

"I'm sorry, I don't know what I'm doing here. I'll just go," I said, turning around to leave. He didn't stop me like I wanted him to. But I didn't hear him close the door either. 

Do what you came to do, Alex. 

I spun back around and walked up to him, "Can I come in? I need to talk to you."