29| Games

Chapter 29: Games (Alex's POV)

I continued listening while Carter stepped away and began dialing Zach's number. 

"You want your son's property without his permission?" 

"Yes. Can you make that happen?" 

Dad, say no. 

"Any real estate agent can make that happen. If your son agrees." 

"And if he doesn't? Any ways nobody else has to know about?" 

My dad cleared his throat, "Are you asking me to help you obtain property that isn't yours illegally?" he asked. 

"Yes, I am." 

"Why a gym?" 

Exactly my question. 

"He's twenty years old. He doesn't need that gym. I'm interested in building there. Something instead of his pathetic little gym." 

"Like?" 

"Like a clinic for myself. Or an office." 

"An office? I thought you're a doctor?" 

He laughed, "I am. There's a little side business I run." 

Something illegal I bet.

"Why don't you think your son should be running that gym?" 

"Well, he bought it with my money, and he's only twenty. He can find a job anywhere else." 

"Does he owe you the money he used to buy the gym?" 

"No, he's already repaid his debts." 

Zach owes him nothing.

"He owes you no money, the gym is under his name, he's kept the facility in perfect condition, and nobody seems to have any objections to it. You could get property anywhere else, and much larger than that. Why that gym?" 

"Because it's his. It's easier to take," he answered nonchalantly. 

"It's easier to take if he gives it up. Which by the looks of it, is not going to happen." 

"Then we make it happen." 

"I'm afraid I can't do that. It's illegal and that is not what I do. You can find another real estate agent who will be willing to do that for you. I'm afraid that isn't me. See yourself out, please." 

I let out a sigh of relief before running back to the kitchen as the door opened. Carter ran up to me and grabbed my hand. "Let's go, come on." 

"Where are we going?" I asked as Clark appeared. 

Carter waited till he left. "To the gym. Now." 

We got out and into his car and he drove straight to the gym. When we got there, I noticed a black car parked. 

He was here. 

We ran inside and up to the top where Zach normally was. He was standing there talking to Clark. If he persuaded him, there's no going back. The only reason I was worried and actually cared was because I knew Zach wasn't a bad guy. If he was, he would've taken advantage of me being alone at that party. But he didn't. Instead, he led me back to Carter. 

"Zach!" I called out, instantly regretting it when Clark turned to glare at me. 

"Carter, we're not training today," he replied. 

"I know. I need to talk to you. Now."

"Give me ten-" 

"Now, Zach," I said.