30| Tradition

Chapter 30: Tradition (Alex's POV)

I slipped the dress on before running a brush through my straightened hair as I pulled it up into a high ponytail, wrapping a little diamond band around it. I pulled my heels on, sprayed perfume all over myself because it only lasts about eight seconds. I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror before grabbing my matching clutch. 

I looked good. It's a good thing my boyfriend has good taste. I'd simply go in pajamas if I could. 

I got downstairs where my dad was grabbing his car keys. "You look lovely, sweetheart," he smiled. 

"Thanks, dad. You too," I smiled while following him out and climbing into the car. 

Abby's house was the last one in this neighborhood. We got there, my dad parked the car, and we headed inside with me following his lead. Abby's parents, I'm assuming, greeted all their guests with smiles. I looked at her mom and almost gasped. She looked like an older version of Abby. That was so scary. 

"Tim!" I looked forward, almost crashing into my dad who had abruptly stopped walking. I saw Mr. Reed and Carter heading our way. 

Oh, my fuck. 

He looked so hot. My jaw fell while Mr. Reed and my dad exchanged hellos. 

"Honey, close your mouth," my dad whispered. 

"Sorry," I mumbled, looking down at the ground. 

"Can I steal her, Mr. Lockhart?" Carter asked. 

"Of course, you can." 

With that, he grabbed my hand and pulled me away. "You look amazing," we said in sync. He chuckled while I smiled, staring at the ground to hide my blush. "Awe, are you blushing?" he taunted. 

"I-" I looked up and he had leaned in. He leaned in further for a kiss but I took a step back. "Lip gloss, baby," I teased. 

"I don't care, baby," he said mockingly before pressing my lips to his. 

I pulled away and clicked my tongue. "I told you not to do it," I said while wiping my thumb across his now glossy lips. 

"Not my color?" He scrunched up his nose. 

I laughed while linking my arm with his as we began wandering around. "It's her house, where is Abby?" I questioned in confusion. 

"She usually likes to make an entrance. Here we go," he said as she descended the stairs, her white gown trailing behind her. 

She looked really pretty. 

She stopped on about the second step and looked behind her where Hudson appeared. 

I paid no attention while grabbing a martini from a waiter walking around serving it. Carter took the glass from me and placed it back on the tray. "No drinking," he whispered. 

"Then give me the flask," I grinned. 

"I didn't bring it," he replied. 

I giggled, leaning forward, my lips brushing against his ear. "Liar," I whispered. 

He sighed in defeat and handed it to me. I took one sip and gave it right back. "See? Just one sip," I shrugged innocently. 

"I don't think you should be flirting that much with me right now. Especially since you look like that and that dress comes off with one little tug," he said huskily. 

"Try me," I smirked. He let out a low breath and looked around, ignoring my flirting. "Okay, I'll stop. Looks like someone can't handle me." I sighed loudly.