Chapter 6 - Worried

Hina POV

"Wan, it's time for us to go; we'll come back in a week or so."

He stretches a bit, "What's wrong? Why are we leaving so suddenly?"

"I almost forgot to tell you about my job. Well, it's more of a hobby since I don't get paid for it. To put it simply, I'm a traveler, but I help others along the way. Taking down bandits, saving others who need me, or just grabbing intel on raising groups that could start trouble."

I show him my mask, "All under the identity of the White Dragon. I took some notes on someone named Amon, and I have a feeling that he'll be roaming the streets tonight in republic city. If you don't want to come, you can stay here. I have a feeling you'll find me again."

He shakes his head, "No, I'll stay with you. You're the only one I can talk to and who can see me. Plus, I can help you out!"

Smiling, I nod, standing by me, I give my farewell to the family and other nomads, "Tell Korra I said bye, I'll be back in about a week or so!"

Nodding, we ride back to republic city, heading back to the Inn. Staying until nightfall, I prep myself, tightening my metal layers, knowing them being anti-bending they might know chi-blocking.

Jumping on top of the tall buildings' roofs, I notice a man in a window nearby. Recognizing him, he's the one spreading Amon's name. Seeing his window open, I see a stack of papers on this desk. Entering, I take a couple before leaving without a trace. Looking at them, I read it silently, "Revelation tonight at 9."

Looking at the back, I notice a red dot and some lines. Feeling Wan's presence, he looks at it with me, "It looks like a map."

Nodding at him, I pull out a map of Republic City. Matching it up, I smile at the sight, "I know where it is."

We walk into an empty alley. Putting on my mask, Wan and I sneak through the darkness. Making our way to the location, we hide above a tall abandon building. Seeing people enter the dimly lit building, sneaking in undetected, we watch as Amon makes his big entrance.

"My quest for equality began many years ago. When I was a boy, my family and I lived on a small farm. We weren't rich, and none of us were benders. This made us very easy targets for the Firebender who extorted my father. One day, my father confronted this man, but when he did that, Firebender took my family from me, then he took my face."

The crowd gasps as he continues, "I've been forced to hide behind a mask ever since. As you know, the Avatar has recently arrived in Republic City."

The crowd boos, "And if she were here, she would tell you that bending brings balance to the world, but she is wrong. The only thing bending has brought to the world is suffering. It has been the cause of every war in every era, but that is about to change. I know you have been wondering, 'What is the revelation?'. You are about to get your answer. Since the beginning of time, the spirits have acted as guardians of our world, and they have spoken to me. They say the Avatar has failed humanity; that is why the spirits have chosen me to usher in a new era of balance. They have granted me a power that will make equality a reality, the power to take a person's bending away, permanently."

"What!"

Wan looks at me, "Is that possible?"

I nod, "Yes, but how does he know energy bending? I've never heard of a spirit granting that, only a Lion Turtle."

"Allow me to demonstrate, please welcome Lightning Bolt Zolt, leader of the Triple Threat Triad, and one of the most Notorious criminals in Republic City."

The crowd boos, placing more people behind him, I watch how everything unfolds.

"Zolt has a master fortune by extorting and abusing non-benders, but his reign of terror is about to come to an end. Now, in the interest of fairness, I will give Zolt the chance to fight to keep his bending."

Zolt smirks at him, "You're going to regret doing that, pal."

Releasing a burst of fire, the two fight, only for Amon to restrain him; placing his hand on his forehead, we watch as his lightning disperses with his flames. Falling forward, he looks up at him on his knees, "What-what, did you do to me?"

Amon looks down at him, "You're Firebending's gone...forever. The era of bending is over. A new era of equality has begun! The crowd cheers as he pulls forward, frowning; I look around for a way to stop this. Before I could do anything, a large amount of smoke spread throughout the room.

"Wan, it's time to go."

Running outside, I see one of Amon's disciples fighting two boys who appear to be benders. Recognizing the green-eyed one, I look over to the other, 'He must have saved him.'

Getting into my stance, I struck him with white lightning; as he yells in pain, he drops to the ground. Jumping down, I walk over to the green-eyed one.

"You're safe."

Looking at his red scarfed friend, I nod, "You two should go."

Checking out his equipment, I take it off of him, 'I should take this in.'

Turning around, I see Korra call for Naga; my eyes widen under the mask. "Go now!"

Seeing more of Amon's men pour out, I disappear, hiding in the shadows. Seeing Amon call his men, he keeps his arms behind his back. "Let her go; she's the perfect messenger to show the world my power."

Keeping the contraption hidden, I place my mask in my bag, heading to a new inn; I pay for a couple of nights. Entering my room, I take a breath, Wan places his hand on my shoulder.

"Hina, I'm worried about you."

I give him a reassuring smile, "I'll be fine, Wan; I've done infiltration many times before."

"No, not that, you're bending. What if he takes it away from you? What if they make you immobile? I won't be able to protect you!"

Taking back by his outburst, hesitantly, I draw my hand forward only to pull it back, "That's why I put on metal armor under my clothes for this mission. And it may have looked like he took away his bending, but he didn't; I can still feel it residing in them; it just feels like he blocked it. But I'll face it head-on, I'll be fine."

He frowns before he slowly disappears, "Wan? Wan!"

Not answering me, I frown. Sitting down, I look over the device, not focusing I lock the room door and window. Placing it on my nightstand, I take off my armor, changing into some nightclothes in the bathroom. Slipping under the covers, I slowly drift to sleep, whispering his name into the night.

"Goodnight, Wan."

No POV

As she drifted off to sleep, Wan stands over her, making his presence viable to her as he gives her a small smile at her light words. Slipping on top of the covers next to her, he whispers back, "Goodnight, Hina."