Chapter 7 - Over Now

Don't Own Picture

Hina POV

Wan still hasn't shown himself; the level of sadness that hit me this morning when I didn't see him was more than enough to edge a frown on my face. I spent the whole day keeping tabs on the Equalist. When night fell, I returned to the inn; taking out the contraption, I listen to the radio as I analyze it.

The music grows static, "Good Evening, my fellow Equalists. This is your leader, Amon. As you have heard, the Republic Council has voted to make me public enemy number one. Proving once again that the bending oppressors of this city will stop at nothing to quash our revolution. But we cannot be stopped. Our numbers grow stronger by the day. You no longer have to live in fear. The time has come for benders to experience fear."

The radio grows static, frowning, I turning it off. Talking to myself, I write down the notes on it. "There's a battery in the lower compartment that serges through the back. Traveling to the rodes, allowing large levels of electricity to become contained. It's powerful enough to stun a muscular man, bringing him to his knees. If you hit the plate or battery in the back, it could render the weapon useless."

"Do you know what happens if either one of those breaks when someones use it?"

I turn around, shocked to see Wan standing beside me. I shake my head, "No, but it's safe to assume if you hurt the battery, it will affect the user more than the platelet in the back."

He nods, standing quickly, I pull him into a warm hug, "I missed you so much. I'm sorr-"

"You don't have to apologize; I just let my emotions get the better of me. I'm starting to realize that you've been doing this alone, but I'm glad I can be your partner in crime."

Smiling up at him, I let him go, feeling my cheeks heat up. Looking back at him, I notice a nice spread of blush on his cheeks as well. Writing down the last note, I look back at him. "Can I show you something?"

Nodding, we leave the inn, rushing out, we make our way to the docks, snagging a boat, we make our way to Avatar Aang's statute. Climbing to the top, we sit on top of his head. Wan gasps, "Wow."

Looking at Republic city from a birds-eye view, it is truly mesmerizing. "I don't come here often due to work, but when I need to take a break from the world, I come up here."

"It's beautiful."

Looking over to him, my eyes lock with him; feeling my cheeks heat up, I smile.

A couple of days go by, and we return to Air Temple Island. Korra's been reviving a lot of gifts from a councilman named Tarrlok's. Ever since she rejected his offer about being a part of the task force, he's been resilient. With his last gift being an invitation to a Gala, she decided to go, especially since it's in her honor.

Getting ready in my room, I take out a gift from Mom. Slipping on the dress while Wan wait's outside for me to finish, I smile a bit.

Wan smiles at me, a light blush on his cheeks, "You look perfect

Wan smiles at me, a light blush on his cheeks, "You look perfect."

Giving him a small thank you, we walk together, making our way to the Gala. Entering the room with the others, they clap for her. As we disperse, I keep to myself, chatting with Wan as I look around the perimeter.

Seeing a familiar, green-eyed boy bubbling around, smiling, I take a drink from one of the many waiters. Watching as Korra gets pulled away, reporters start asking questions. Heating her up, she shouts at them confidently, "I'm not afraid of anyone! If the city needs me then, I'll join Tarrlok's Task Force and help fight Amon."

Glaring at the man, I mumble under my breath, "Slimy rat, he basically peer pressured her into joining.

Watching the frown edge on her face Wan, looks at me, "So what does this mean for us? For the city?"

I sigh, swirling my drink around, "It means that this job is about to get sticky."

Leaving the party early, I march back to the shore, riding all the way back to Air Temple Island. Grabbing my thing's I leave a note for the others, heading back to the city. Going to a new inn, I pay enough for a month.

With the help of Wan, I map out all the notes I took about the Equalist and their leader. Looking over to him, I ask, "Do you think you can get gain some intel from the Task Force meeting?"

Giving me a confident smirk, he nods, "Of course, I can just tell me where and when."

No POV

Snagging the location, Wan zips through the meeting undetected, finding out the location when the Equalist train for Chi Blocking. The following night he watches Hina get ready as they run through the night, standing a nice distance from the bookstore. The water benders ambush them, Wan and I watch from afar. I frown, "Something's not right."

The next day we hear about the fight Amon and Korra plan to have on Avatar Aang memorial island. Heading there early, we stand on top of his head, waiting for the fight to unfold. Looking up at the full moon as the clock strikes midnight. Hours later, I hear Korra grunt, jumping down; I stay in the shadows watching as Korra is tied down.

As Amon makes his presence known, I listen closely.

"I received your invitation Young Avatar."

Pulling his hand close, she looks away only for I'm to grab her chin gently. Pulling her head forward, he looks down at her, "Our showdown, while inevitable, is premature. Although it would be the simplest thing for me to take away your bending right now, I won't. You'd only become a martyr."

He lets go of her face, "Benders of every nation would rally behind your untimely demise. But I assure you, I have a plan, and I'm saving you for last. Then you'll get your duel. And I will destroy you."

Knocking her out, I watch as he slowly disappears, "Wan?"

"I'm on it."

Watching him leave, I pick up Korra bridle style, sending a strick of lighting the air. I watch as a certain Air Nomad flay towards us. I take off my mask, "Hina! Is she ok?!"

I nod, "He didn't take her bending; he said he was saving her for last."

Seeing Wan stand behind him, he shakes his head. Nodding, I watch as Korra slowly opens her eyes; looking at Tenzin, she mumbles, "Aang?"

As I let her stand, it doesn't last long as she falls to her knees, tears raining from her face.

"I was so terrified! I felt so helpless!"

Holding onto Tenzin, I rub her back, sending a nice warmth to my fingertips. "It's all right. The nightmare is over now."