Chapter 15 - Roam Free

No POV

Seeing as no one was around, Wan picks Hina up, carrying her smooth figure to her room. On their way, he notices Tenzin's eldest daughter, Jinora. She rushes over to them, "You two are finally awake, if Hina ok?"

Wan's eyes widen slightly, "You can see me?"

She nods a bit, "Only recently, but I noticed you standing in front of the statue with some of the other spirits wandering around."

His eyes soften, "Hina's is just a bit shaken up; I'm taking her back to her room now, can you get her a cup of tea?"

Jinora nods before rushing off, taking her back to her room; she continues to hold him close, not wanting him to disappear. As Jinora comes back with a cup of tea, the two help her feel better. Wan keeps his hand in her's, "Please don't cry; it pains me to see you so sad. I'm not leaving you any time soon, ok?"

He nods slowly, sipping her cup of tea; it begins to dawn on her that the emotions she's been trying to keep down are starting to surface. Never has she felt such worry, never had she shed so many tears, never had she ever felt such relief seeing someone in one piece. The three sit and chat, with Jinora asking questions about Wan; she agrees to keep his identity a secret for the time being.

As she leaves the two, Hina's eyes grow heavy; noticing this, he lays down on the bed, pulling her down with him. Holding her close, he plays with her curls as she drifts to a peaceful sleep of warmth and light.

Sometime later, she woke up from her slumber, looking up and blushing at Wan as he smiles down at her. Getting up, the two walk to the kitchen, grabbing some fruit, Hina's snacks on it, feeling her hungry slowly return.

Walking to the garden, they see Jinora playing with the various spirits wandering around. Smiling at the sight, a bunny-like spirit flys over, landing on Hina's head, making Jinora and Wan laugh a bit. As the three relax and play with the spirits, they fail to notice Tenzin walking closer to them.

"Jinora? Hina? What are you doing?"

Jinora and her look at each other before Jinora answers smoothly, "Just playing with some imaginary friends."

Hina nods, making Tenzin raise an eyebrow but walk away; the three of them laugh as a bunny fly's ears pop up behind his head. Leaving the spirits behind, the three of us follow Tenzin, ready for the activities he set out for us today.

Walking to the rest of the family, he smiles, "All right, who's ready for an exciting tour of the Eastern Air Temple? We've got a lot to see today, including Ancient Statues, Ancient Gardens, and the Meditation Hall used by ancient Airbenders."

Wan mimics him, making Jinora and I giggle silently to ourselves quietly. Seeing a form appear from the slight, Hina speaks up, "Korra?!"

The kids' cheer, "Korra!"

Running over, they crowd around her; Pema smiles at her, "What are you doing here?"

Kya smiles, "And how did you know where to find us?"

Korra smiles, "Tenzin's itinerary, we went over it like a hundred times before we left Republic City."

Tenzin looks over to his siblings, "See! This is why schedules are important."

Korra stands, "It's so great to see you all again."

Tenzin smiles, "It's great to see you too, but why aren't you training at the South Pole?"

Her eyes widen a bit, "Wait, you don't know about the Civil War?"

My eyes widen a bit as Tenzin gasps silently, "What? No, we've been out of touch with the outside world since we started our vacation."