Chapter 17 - Light

No POV

Hina and Jinora's bodies get taken back to the temple; sorrow washes over them seeing the state of the two girls. With Wan seeing them in this state, he frowns, gripping his hand tightly as he leaves the temple to look for the one person whe might be able to help.

Leaving the temple behind, he makes his way to the shores of Republic City to find Iroh.

Hina POV

Walking up, I look around, seeing myself in a thick fog; I look around to find Jinora not far from me. Rushing over to her, I make sure she's ok; seeing her static features, I look around the already knowing what this place is. And by the look of Jinora's zombie-like state, she already shared such a feat. 

Walking around, I find myself lost; keeping Jinora close, I hear the sound of footsteps. I turn around to see myself glaring at me. Taking a breath, I stand still as she speaks harshly at me. "Weak. Freak. A failure. Useless. Just another spec in the world."

As she drowns me in a wave of self-hatred, I feel weak; she seems to multiple as her words grow loader, vulgar, painful. I hear the shouts and cries of the others me's and crumble to the floor. Holding Jinora tightly, then I hear a warm voice.

"Hina?"

"She looks so much like her grandmother."

"What is she doing here?"

"We need to help her out."

"Hina, open your eyes."

"Open your eyes!"

Doing so, I look up to see 5 people standing before me; looking at each of them, my eyes widen at the sight of not only Aang but the last four Avatars before him. Roku helps me up, "Everything's going to be ok."

Looking at the others, they give me reassuring smiles. Looking at Aang, he nods, "Thank you for watching over my granddaughter."

I smile, nodding, "Now, let's get you out of here."

As the fragment of their spirits begins to glow, they circle us, making the clones of me slowly fade away. Positive energy surrounds me, making me smile, allowing me to reflect on myself and my own buried-down hatred. Accepting myself, the heat and wind begin to pick up, allowing the fog to vanish completely.

I whisper softly, "Thank you."

Leaving the hole of darkness seeing the other banished bodies standing around, I make my way to the nearest forest. Seeing familiar plants, I smile, knowing exactly where I am.

Rushing, I come face to face with a group of dark spirits. Holding Jinora close, I take a few steps back, surrounded my hand leans against a thick tree. Remembering the first time I encountered a dark spirit, I make white flames around the group. Focusing my energy, I watch as the darkness slowly fades, letting the flames die I watch as the animals return to normal. 

Walking closer to them, I smile, place my hand on the wolf's snout, "I'm so glad your packs ok. Can you help us?"

Licking my cheek, I smile as they let us on his back. Riding on his back, I keep Jinora close, keeping her spirit warm. "Please take me to my home."

Smiling at the sight up ahead, the pack stops in front of the entrance. Getting off, I give my farewells, watching the pack runoff. Walking through my second home, I feel the others stare at me, some taken back by my presence, especially now that both portals are open. 

Making it to my granduncle, opening the door, I see him with his two children on both sides. Standing up, he rushes over to me with the others, "Korra, Unalaq tricked her, she's back in the physical world, but Jinora's been here for too long; she must go back before she's trapped; here forever."