Chapter 13 - Temple

NO POV

Standing next to her brother Hina smiles, at the peaceful atmosphere.

"So when were you going to tell me about Wan?"

Freezing, she slowly turns to him, "You can see him?"

He crosses his arms, "Of course I can see him, and I quickly noticed that no one else can. Is he a spirit?"

I nod my head, "Yeah, he doesn't remember anything, so I'm trying to help him. I recently learned that he's a Fire Bender, so we're going to continue traveling throughout the Fire Nation."

He nods, "Good Luck, and keep me updated on the process."

I smile, "Of course."

"Of course what?"

I turn, smiling at the brown-haired man. Walking over to him, I place my hand in his, pulling him towards my brother.

"Wan, as you already know, this is Iroh, my brother. Iroh, this is Wan."

Iroh nods, "Nice to meet you."

The man is a bit taken back but smiles at the thought of another person being able to see him—the three chat as a new friendship blooms in front of Hina's eyes.

Six months pass, as Hina and Wan travel, while they continue to make their monthly visits, they quickly realize that Wan is special due to the fact Hikari or their mother couldn't see him.

While memories of his younger days come to pass, they remain fuzzy. Hina sees this as progress, Wan's just happy to see her smile. As his eyes hold a different type of feeling, his body grows warm, and thoughts become scattered. From the naked eye, he may seem normal, but in all reality, he's in love.

In love with the way, she speaks her calming aura and protective nature how she can't help but feel drawn to his warmth when she's fast asleep. While he adores the girl, he failed to notice her dreams. Like a constant look, she continues to watch the visions she once saw when touching the sacred tree. Every night she would try to decipher it; every night, she would fail.

The same way, she would fail to admit her own feelings for Wan. The same way she's slowly burning them deep inside. As much as she wants to express these feelings, she holds the fear of him disappearing forever of losing him.

With this thought, she remains friendly, keeping him close while pushing him away slowly.

As the Southern Water Tribes begin to face their own problems, Hikari senses the shift in the spirit world.

Due to Hina and Wan covering every corner of the Fire Nation, they decided to join Tenzin by visiting all the Air Temples. With Bumi retired, he's been enjoying his time with his nieces and nephews, especially if it means pushing Tenzins buttons.

Walking side by side into the temple, Hina makes her presence know, "Hey everyone."

Korra and the kids turn and smile, "Hina!"

Jumping on her, they give her a big warm hug, making Hina giggle a bit. Korra smiles, "What are you doing here?"

"I've wanted to visit the other Air Temples, so I asked Tenzin if I could tag along."

Korra nods looking down at the kids, "Before we go on your Dad's study trip, we're going to have some real fun in my hometown at the Glacier Spirits Festival. They've got rides, games, and all kinds of fried food on sticks."

The kids cheer, making Wan and Hina chuckle, riding on the boat at nightfall. By sunrise, they arrive, along with the Cheif of the Northern Water Tribe and his twins. The gang quickly realizes that Korra's father is the brother of the chief, which is surprising with the tension between them.