Chapter 9 - Different

(Don't Own Art, Credit to Sirkoday) - That is Sora

Hina POV

Opening the current, I look around the shop, ringing the bell on the counter.

"Coming!"

Waiting patiently, I watch as Wan looks at the variety of parts and accessories.

"Hina?"

I turn around, smiling at the silver eyes man.

"Sora!"

Pulling me into a hug, I quickly return it as he picks me up a bit. Putting me down, he smiles at me, "It's been too long; what bring's you here?"

"Just wanted to pay you a visit; I haven't been here in a while. Oh and the radio you gave me, fantastic! I was all the way in the far mountains, and I could hear the local station! You should definitely sell them; they'll fly off the shelf like hotcakes."

He rubs the back of his neck, laughing a bit, feeling a dark presence behind me the room grows warm. Sora wipes the sweat off his face with the towel hanging on his shoulder.

"Is it getting hot in here? Want some water?"

I nod, watching his walk-off before turning around to see Wan glaring at the door. I tilt my head a bit, waving my hand to grab his attention. I mouth, 'Are you ok? What's wrong?'

He shakes his head, giving me a tight smile, "Nothing, nothing at all."

I end up staying for another hour before heading out to the arena. With Wan in a sour mood, I try to calm him down with some small talk. Watching the games from the stands, I keep my guard up as Wan scopes the area.

Listening to the flight, I look around the arena letting my senses heighten. Sensing someone behind me, I turn around only to get zapped. Getting on my knee's I smirk a bit, "That wasn't very smart."

Standing, I grab the man's head, snapping his neck a bit, I watch him fall. Taking off the glove I frown, before rushing to the other exits. "No."

Seeing Amon appear in the center of the stands, I look down to see Korra being pulled away. "No. No. No!"

While the Wolf Bat's face Amon, I rush down the hall's taking down as many men as I can. Looking down at Amon as he makes his announcement.

"Every day, you threaten and abusive your non-bending citizens. Just like the Wolf Bats' did to their opponents tonight. Those men were supposedly the best in the bending world. And yet, it only took a few moments for me to cleanse them of their impurity. Let this be a warning to all of you benders out there, if any of you stand in my way, you will meet the same fate."

The crowd gasps as I quickly move, "Now to my followers, for years the Equalist, have been forced to hide in the shadows. But now, we have the numbers and strength to create a New Republic City."

I block him out, finding Lin and Tenzin I try to wake them up. Falling, I drag them to the hallway; cursing under my breath, I fail to notice the person behind me.

"Hina!"

I turn around, shocked at the sight of Wan shooting a large amount of fire to the masked woman. Making her fall back as her mask starts to burn, hitting her head, she falls to the ground.

Turning to me, Wan bends down, "Are you ok?"

I nod slowly, snapping out of it as he helps me up.

"I found Korra and the others; they're running free as we speak."

I nod, "Then let's handle the rest."

Snaking through the crowd, I knock out the equalist, whispering to the crowd to stay calm and sneak out while Wan directs me to the others, failing to release an ounce of fire, he tries to support me in other ways. Taking out their gloves as I take down each one. As Amon's speech comes to an end, the glass breaks, allowing Amon to escape. Taking down the last of his followers in the crowd, make sure everyone leaves as the ring explodes.

Seeing Korra shoot up to the sky, Lin helps her try to catch Amon. Making sure the citizens make it out, I look around to see the damage the Equalist has done to the officers surrounding the stadium.

With everyone safely away, I return to the stadium to the others, walking in to hear Tenzin reveal the underlying truth.

"Republic City is at war."

Going our separate ways, the walk to the inn was quiet between Wan and I. With my thoughts on Amon and the equalist, I scold myself for not being more prepared for these turn of events. Finally making it to the inn, I close the door. Sighing, I look up at Wan; walking over to him, I wrap my arms around him.

"Thank you for saving me; I don't know how you did it but thank you."

He seems hesitant at first, but he returns my hugs; feeling safe in his arms, I grow comfortable. Realizing how long we've been holding each other, I let go blushing a bit.

Looking back at him, my body heats up at his gentle expression. "I'm just glad you're safe."

Sitting on the bed, I take out a map, "Well, this is the best news we got all day. Since it seems your a fire bender, then we'll be heading home on our next travels, but first Amon. "

Nodding at me, he turns to look out the window, staring at him; I can't help but feel my heart skip a beat.

'When did he start looking so...different?'