Chapter 11 - Slumber

No POV

As night falls, Hina remains asleep; Wan sneaks his way through the temple. Hoping no one saw the floating girl going down the hall. Placing her in her bed, he slips next to her, smiling at her peaceful expression, he gets out of the soft bed.

Wan POV

Focusing, I close my eyes, reappearing at Republic City, seeing a car I turn on the radio from over the seat. Hearing some messages, I notice a band of Equalists on motorcycles. Seeing a cargo after them, I follow them, observing from afar.

Seeing Korra and her friends handle the situation, I smirk, "I like her spunk."

As Tarrlok shows up soon after the new reporters, she and her friends get reprimanded, going them a warning. Returning back to the temple, he waits for Hina to wake up, as hours go by, she remains asleep.

I fail to wake her up, making me a bit worried. I frown, holding her hand gently, rubbing the back of it, "I hope you wake up soon."

Spending the day in Republic City, I observe counsel by day and the Avatar Gang at night. Watching as he arrests Korra and her friends, with other innocent non-benders, he watches as Korra slowly loses hope.

With Tenzin coming to help Korra, only to have to wait till the next morning. Retuning to Hina, I watch her sleep peacefully; frowning, I sigh.

"I miss talking to you."

Looking up, I notice Korra riding on her polar bear dog, "Now, where is she going?"

Looking down at Hina, I smile, "I'll watch over her while you're away."

Standing, I follow her, keeping a close eye on her; I watch as she confronts Tarrlok. Which soon turns into a fight; following the battle, he begins to blood bend. Bending her to his will, he places her in his car. Following the car, I watch as he keeps Korra in a cabinet in the mountains.

Rushing back to Air Temple Island, making it there by morning, I shake Hina. "You need to wake up! Korra's in trouble! Wake up! Hina, open your eyes!"

Still knocked out, I take a deep breath. Touching her forehead, I try to see what's keeping her like this. As I do, my head starts to ache, yelling I touch my head, falling to my knees. Feeling the pain grow, flashes of memories go through my mind. None clear, but present, they're all jumbled up.

Feeling my vision blur, I frown, holding onto her hand. "Hina, please."

Squeezing tightly, I fall to my knees. Kissing her forehead, a flash rings through my mind. A white blob, a ring, a child crying. Jumping back, I hit my head, rubbing the door open only to reveal Tenzin. Looking around, he walks over to Hina, trying to wake her up. Failing, Lin urges him to hurry, making him frown as he follows her out of the room.

Walking back over to her, I call out her name, "Hina!"

Hina POV

I open my eyes feeling the sun shining down on me; sitting up, I find myself in a field of grass. Standing, I look around, feeling a soft fabric I smile at the sight of plain white kimono. Walking forward, I walk up the steep hill I gasp at the sight, smiling widely, "I'm in the spirit world?!"

Giggling, I run down the field, making the nearby animals scatter. Falling in the soft grass, I smile at the peaceful setting. Feeling a rough tongue lick my hand, I look up to see a cat deer. Sitting up, I smile at it, "Well, hello there."

Rubbing behind its ear, I smile as it purrs a bit. Turning to its side, our eyes meet; knowing what he wants, I get on its back. Getting settled, it leads me through the forest, wrapping my arms around its neck gently take in my surroundings.