Chapter three: werid

"Oh, how can you pretend
You didn't say that now?"
- song: White Flag by Clairo
___________________________________

OPHELIA ALWAYS SEEMED to like weekends best, like most people. Something about not having to worry about homework or exams just made her relieved. Though Umbridge was making it hard for Woodlock to 'relax' on this warm day.

    "I'm just saying its ridiculous the way she teaches," Ophelia stated to Macy as they walked out of the Great Hall.

    "It's been one week and she practically taking over the school. " Macy huffed out as they made their way down a long corridor.

    "I think I might go to the library" Ophelia thought out loud.

    "You have fun with that." Macy chuckled causing Ophelia to roll her eyes.

    "I will thank you very much." She stated making a turn to hallway leading to the Destination, leaving her friend behind.

    The library wasn't crowded, only a few people. Once Ophelia grabbed a book she went to the back of the huge room and sat at a table that was made for two. She opened the book and started to read the words off the page.

    "Huh," a voice said from behind her shoulder causing her to jump from the unexpected voice. "I didn't know you could read." She took a deep breath and turned around as he spoke, "I mean, you can barely cast a spell correctly," he snickered "Didn't know you were smart enough to actually read a book." he joked.

    "Oh shush Malfoy." She told him in a bored tone, while she breathed out a sigh.

      "Well someone's in a bad mood." He rolled his eyes with a smirk. He shoved his hands in his pockets and turned around while shaking his head.

      'Weird' Ophelia thought to herself as she watched him walk away.

-

    She stayed at the library for about an hour before getting bored. She decided to go outside for a bit. It was fairly warm, she was wearing a pair of run down high waisted jeans with an oversized yellow sweatshirt and her Converse. She hoped down the rock like stairs, her long hair waving in the wind. She then found her self near a bunch of trees, where she saw someone. Ophelia being the person she is, walked closer. She smiled at who the person was

  "Hi Luna" The long blond haired Ravenclaw turned around and smiled.

    "Hello Ophelia." Luna and Ophelia met each other last year.

    "What are they?" Ophelia questioned as she walked towards the creature Luna was standing by.

    "Thestrals," Luna's dreamy voice said. "You can only see them if you've seen death."

    "Oh" Ophelia looked over at Luna with sad eyes.

    "My mum."

    "Oh Luna I'm so sorry I didn't know," Ophelia rambled even though she knows out of experience that's not the best thing to say, she was just at lost of words.

    "Yes it was very sad," Luna sighed "What about you?" She asked with wide eyes.

    "My mother as well." Ophelia didn't want to talk about her mothers death, it brings to much sadness to her. Luna could tell and didn't say anything after.

-

    After a small conversation with the ravenclaw she went by the lake to sit down. Ophelia sat down on a bench and got out her notebook that was in her bag. She wrote down what thestrals were because she didn't want to forget.

    "Hey Woodlock" She looked up from her writing and saw Draco. He sat down next to her on the bench. She offered him a smile

    "What are you doing out here?" she asked with a slight chuckle while looking back to her notebook.

    "I don't know, I guess I just wanted to sit next to my least favorite Hufflepuff." She smiled and shook her head "What are you writing down?" He leaned over trying to look.

    "Do you know what a thestral is?" She questioned looking up at him, he shook his head no.

    "They are very interesting creatures." She sighed "You can only see them if you have seen someone die." Draco observed the girl sitting to his right.

    "Can you see them?"

    "Yes I can." Ophelia said calmly. Draco's lips parted slightly at hearing that, it almost made him feel bad for her.

    "That's uh, sad." He told her not knowing what to say.

    "Well no shit. Why wouldn't it be sad" Ophelia says chuckling at the boy. He laughed as well.

    "Well I'm sorry," he paused not knowing if he should ask "Who was it?" Seeing the look that appeared on Ophelia face made him want to shove his words back into his mouth.

    "My Mother, but I rather not talk about it." She closed her notebook and placed it back into her bag, then stood up. "I'll see you later" she told the Slytherin as she walked away.

    "Bye Ophelia."

    She wasn't sure why she walked away but it was weird that Malfoy didn't make any type of rude comment to her. Ophelia thought it was probably because his friends or people in general weren't around, but she still thought it was odd. She then realized something. He called her by her first name. Ophelia can't remember a time where he had done that before. She shook off the thought thinking it didn't mean anything and walked back into the school to go see her friends.

~

Sorry for a short and boring chapter