Chapter thirty five: forgive me

Hold me while you wait
I wish that I was good enough
-song: Hold Me While You Wait by Lewis Capaldi
___________________________________

"SO DID YOU BREAK UP?" Macy asked as she watched Ophelia hug her knees to her chest.

      "I-I don't know," Woodlock chewed on the inside of her cheek, trying to stop the endless tears from falling down her flushed cheeks.

      Lillian sat criss crossed next to Ophelia on her bed "Well did you say anything about breaking up?"

     Ophelia swallowed "I don't know," she mumbled.

     Macy frowned "Honey," she said with a slight laugh "What do you mean you don't know?" she asked as she sat at the edge of the bed.

     "Well he called me a bitch, then I slapped him," she rubbed her eyes "Which was stupid, I don't know why I did it, then we kinda just argued more, then I just left." she rambled.

     Of course Ophelia wasn't going to tell them what actually happened after she hit him. As much as she would love to yell out to the world, or tell Harry he was right all along, she couldn't. She loved him too much, she wouldn't betray him like that.

    "Do you love him?" Lillian said while exchanging glances with Macy.

    "Obviously." Ophelia cried out, at this point she didn't care that she was full on sobbing in front of them.

    Macy rubbed her shoulders "Then tell him how you feel."

    "No," Lillian protested "Wasn't the fight about him treating you like shit?" Ophelia nodded "Then make him come to you, and if he doesn't then he doesn't care, and doesn't deserve you."

    Macy scoffed "I think you should just tell him how you're feeling."

    "Ophelia," Lillian said, placing a hand on her knee "I'm going to be honest, Malfoy is toxic, he's no good," she told her "Remember when he called Macy a Mudblood? Or the time he called you a Blood traitor, or the all the times he's been mean for no reason? Or wh-"

    "Yeah but that was years ago," Woodlock interrupted "He's changed." she hiccupped.

     Lillian shook her head "You're too good for him, and you know that."

     "Hey," Macy said Lillian "I agree, he has changed a bit," she looked at Ophelia "And if you really do love him, then tell him how you're feeling, and maybe things will work out, but if he doesn't treat you the way you deserve to be treated, dump him." Macy stood up "But for now, we have a dinner party to get ready for."

    She grabbed ahold of Ophelia's hands and pulled her up. "I don't want to go, I don't even have a date." she whined.

    "You must," Macy said with a laugh "It will get your mind off the ferret."

-

     Ophelia anxiously bit her lip as she stood against a wall in Professor Slughorn's office, which he had cleared out and decorated for Christmas. She fidgeted with her necklace, Macy tried hard to get her to take it off since Draco was the one who gave it to her, but she refused.

    "Hello Ophelia."

    She turned her head and smiled "Hi Luna," she said "How are you?"

    "Oh, I'm alright," Luna tilted her head to the side slightly "Are you okay?"

     Ophelia nodded "Yeah," she glanced around the room "Who did you come with?" She asked as she realized that Luna wasn't a part of The Slug club.