Chapter nine: lies

"I should probably keep it all to myself
Know you'd make fun of me"
- song: Bags by Clairo
___________________________________

OPHELIA ENTERED THE Astronomy tower walking slowly behind Macy and Lillian. Her pain in her left hand had not gone away, in fact it felt worse than before.

She hid her hand by making sure her sleeves from her robes were covering it. Ophelia made her way to her seat next to the slytherin who happened to already be there.

She carefully placed her stuff on the desk and sat down in her chair, praying that Draco wouldn't talk to her.

"We still need to finish our project," she didn't pray hard enough "If you're free this weekend we can work on it"

"Uh sure" Ophelia felt her face heat up

"Brilliant"

"Ok so I know most of you are still finishing up your project, so raise your hand if still need to look at the constellation?" The Professor said looking around the room. Malfoy, Woodlock and a few other groups raised their hands. "Brilliant. You will have to do that sometime this weekend so don't forget. Right now I want you guys to finish up any notes or readings that you still have to do."

-

    "So why were you late to dinner?" Draco questioned not looking up from writing his notes.

    "I-I had detention." She gnawed on her lip.

Malfoy looked up from his paper, since he helped out with Umbridge he knew what she did to kids who got in trouble.

    "Did she hurt you?" He looked at her, while she just sat there staring at her paper, her teeth pulling at the skin of her bottom lip.

    "No." She shook her head, yet Draco wasn't convinced.

    "You're a horrible liar Woodlock." his eyes stared into the side of her head, while his face kept a small smirk on his lips.

    Ophelia let out a fake laugh "I'm not lying."

    "So you're telling me that you got in trouble and Professor Umbridge, someone who quite honestly does not like you, just made you sit there in her office and didn't carve words or some shit in your hands?" he said in disbelief.

    Ophelia looked over at him "Uh for starters, Umbridge happens to love me,"

"No she doesn't. Don't lie to yourself" Draco said cutting her off.

    "Ok whatever, anyway how do you know about the whole hand thing she does?"

"Because I don't live under a rock and I'm apart of her Inquisitorial Squad." Malfoy paused, grabbed her hand and rolled up her sleeve, revealing her scarred and swollen hand. "Shit Woodlock," he examined it closely "What the hell did you do to make her do that" he let go of her hand, and she pulled her sleeve over it once more. Her whole face was a bright shade of red and her heart was beating extremely fast.

    "W-Well she caught me out of class, and I probably wasn't the nicest to her." she sighed "But I don't want to talk about it." She looked back down at her book

    Draco continued to look at her for a few seconds before returning his attention to his notes.

    "Class is dismissed." Ophelia quickly stood up, collected her things and walked out of the Astronomy tower.

~
sorry this is a short chapter, but i a few things to say. for starters i have made a playlist on Spotify called Yellow so if you want you can listen to it while you read. Also if you haven't already i made a new story called this is impossible so go check that out!