Chapter thirty six: okay

song: Can't Take My Eyes off You by Frankie Valli
___________________________________

      OPHELIA SAT by herself at the Hufflepuff table since most people were gone for the holidays. She had her chin resting on her palm as she turned a page of her book, Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

To her surprise, Draco was one of the few Slytherins who actually stayed at Hogwarts for the break. It had been a few days since they last talked. Malfoy hated the silence.

Ophelia had thought about the situation with Draco. She wanted to forgive him, she really did. In fact it was taking every bit of her to fight the urge to walk up to him and kiss him. Over the past few sleepless nights, she had really thought things through. She wanted to be with him again, she just didn't know when the right time to tell him was.

She awkwardly placed a grape in her mouth, knowing that he was staring at her. She swallowed hard and quickly looked up from her book, locking eyes with Draco. He didn't look away, in fact he opened his mouth almost like he was going to say something across the room to her.

Though she immediately looked away and chewed on her lip while folding the corner of the page she was on, and closed the book.

She sighed and swung her legs over the side of the bench and stood up.

She began to walk out of the Great Hall, her book clutched to her chest.

Woodlock could hear loud footfalls coming from behind her as she turned the corner and into an empty corridor. She closed her eyes for a moment and conuited to walk.

"Ophelia wait,"

She stopped walking and turned around.

Draco stared at her for a moment, not really knowing what to say.

She raised her eyebrows "What Dra-"

He forcefully grabbed her by her waist and pressed a kiss onto her lips. Her body went tense, not sure what to do.

She awkwardly pushed his chest back lighty, making the connection of their lips break. "Uh," she stuttered while noticing his hands were still gripping rather hard against her waist. "Draco I-"

"Just shut up." he mumbled before locking his lips with her again. She really couldn't help it, she kissed him back. Ophelia wrapped her arms around his neck, still grasping onto her book with her right hand. She could feel him smiling as he pushed her against the wall.

He moved his hands so his fingers were entwined through her side belt loops on her jeans. He broke away from her soft lips and kissed her jaw "Please forgive me." his hot breath tickled her skin "I can't fucking sleep at night knowing you're mad." he pushed an open mouth kiss on her neck. "I'm really, really sorry," he mumbled.

A small moan escaped her lips as his hot lips brushed against her skin. "Okay." she breathed out, not knowing what she was saying.

Draco slightly pulled away and looked at her "Okay as in you forgive me?" he asked with his voice filled with hope.

She gnawed on her sore lip "Yeah," she nodded "Yes, actually I thought about it a lot last night," she said, trying to regain her thoughts "And I understand you've been stressed and probably don't think things through when you lash out," she sighed "Though I'm not completely comfortable with you being one of them," she scrunched up her nose "I think we can move past it."

"Yeah?" Draco said with a small smile.

"Yeah." she confirmed "Just don't treat like shit anymore," she said with a slight laugh "It really makes me feel bad about myself." she said truthfully.

Malfoy nodded "Yes, of course." he said "I won't do that again, I'm sorry."

'Good, he's learning to say sorry.' Woodlock thought.

Ophelia felt butterflies fly around in her stomach as he smiled at her. She slightly stood on her tippy toes and pecked his lips.

-

Ophelia lighty sang under her breath as she walked up to the Astronomy tower. It was too cold to go to the lake, even though it was her go to spot to listen to her music.

"You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off you"

She moved her head to side to side as the music overjoyed her ears.

Though a yelp flew out of her mouth as strong arms grabbed a hold of her and lifted her up.

She twisted around and laughed as Draco stared at her with a smug look. "Put me down." Her walkman had fallen off her head and onto her neck.

"Hmm," Draco taunted "That wasn't a very nice way to say it."

She huffed "Can you please put me down?"

"Fine." he chuckled as he placed her feet on the ground, but his hands stayed on her hips. "What are you listening to?" he asked as he heard the muffled song coming from the headphones.

She reached behind her shoulder and took off the Walkman, and handed it to Draco who, like always, placed the headphones on his head.

"I love you, baby
And if it's quite alright
I need you, baby
To warm the lonely night
I love you, baby"

He took them off and handed them back. "My favorite one that you showed me, will probably always be that one heart song."

"Heart Of Glass?" she asked with a small laugh.

He nodded "Yeah I like that one the best," he smiled and leaned against the wall "I like how you always sing it under your breath while you're contracting." he gave her a smug grin.

She scoffed "I do not."

"Yeah you do, it's okay though," he smirked "You have a decent voice."

Ophelia raised her eyebrows at him "Is that supposed to be a compliment?

"Maybe," he shrugged and sighed "I like this." he murmured.

"Like what?" she asked as she paused the music from the cassette tape that was clipped into her back pocket. The air from the opening of the Astronomy tower was sending her shievers.

"Well I like a lot of things," she rolled her eyes at him. He smiled at her "I like how we aren't arguing anymore."

"I like it too," she said "I don't think I ever really apologized, I-"

"You don't need to," he interrupted her, "It was my fault, I wasn't being honest with you."

"No, I overreacted," she said while sighing "I think I was just upset in the moment and I said some not so nice things to you, and I'm really sorry." she rambled.

He frowned "Don't be sorry," he took hold of her hands "You had every right to say those things to me." he brought up her right hand and pressed a soft kiss into her knuckles "I really do love you Ophelia." he smiled "Never forget that."

She chewed on her lip "je t'aime"

"I'm guessing that's I love you in French?"

She nodded and kissed his cheek.

~
Why did this take me two hours to write-

also i know that ophelia didn't overreact and she apologizes so much but like that's just her character rip-

okay but like do y'all want smut bc idk if i should have some in this-