Chapter forty seven: traumatized

"And here it is, our final night alive
And as the earth runs to the ground"
-song: As The World Caves In by Matt Maltese
___________________________________

     ROOM OF REQUIREMENT, 20 minutes.

     Ophelia thought she was traumatized from watching her mother die, but now she didn't know how to feel as she passed body after body, dead, on the ground. Traumatized was now an understatement.

     Everything felt a little too real.

     Kids, who had never really been put in a situation to fight, duel, or even harm another were now battling like their life depends on it, because in all honesty that it did. Innocent lives were being killed by the minute.

     Everything was happening too quickly.

      Nothing felt right to Woodlock. She felt like it wasn't fair.

     They were just kids.

     Kids brought into a war. A war where they were up against people who showed no mercy, people who were fine with killing and harming others.

     Everyone on the staircase screamed and ducked as a Death Eater flew a curse at Harry, who quickly fired a spell back, sending the follower into another space. "You okay Ophelia?" He raced out as he, Ginny, and Neville stopped in the middle of the stairs.

    "Yeah," she huffed out "Neville?" She questioned as she noticed he looked like he was going to yell something out.

    "Have any of you seen Luna?" He asked, looking between the three.

    "Luna?" Potter asked confused.

    "I'm mad for her," Longbottom said "I think it's about time I told her, since we'll both be dead at dawn!" He shouted as he began to run down the stairs.

      "Ophelia!"

    She turned to face the familiar voice and let out a sigh. "You guys alright?" She frantically breathed out as she looked between Lillian and Macy.

    "No, not really, this shits terrifying." Lillian leaned against the staircase railing to catch her breath, people pushing past them. "We just needed to make sure you were okay."

    Ophelia tilted her head "Why wouldn't I be okay?" She looked around constantly, worried that a Death Eater was going to pop out of nowhere.

     Macy shrugged "I-I don't know," She scrunched her nose and grabbed Woodlock's arm, pulling her into a hug. Lillian sat up from leaning and placed her arms around them "It's a lot to take in."

      They all pulled away. "I need to go find Draco." Ophelia murmured "I'll see you guys later, okay?" She sighed "Please stay safe."

      Woodlock turned around grasping onto her wand. Her mind was racing, her head constantly looking to side to side. Her feet pounding into the ground. She had done good so far, hexing any Death Eater -besides Draco- who threatened her or stood in her way. She had never been good with dueling, but clearly she was doing all right assuming she hadn't been hurt too badly yet.

      She turned down a rather empty corridor. Ophelia's teeth digging into her bloody lip.

     A loud rumble came from behind her.

    She quickly glanced behind her, her eyes widened as she began to run. The pillars and ceiling began to crumble about 4 feet away from her. She picked up her pace, her heart beating in her ear.

      Ophelia jumped the corner, a breath of relief flowing out of her mouth as she realized she was somehow still alive.

    She leaned against the wall. Lucky there wasn't anyone in the hallway, or at least anyone alive. She closed her eyes as she tried to steady her breathing. The Room of Requirement was just a corridor away.

    She needed to see Draco again.

    She took off her smudged and dirt covered glasses. She wiped them on the hem of shirt. She placed them on, realizing there was a crack down the middle in the left lens.

      She swore under her breath, not even realizing she was clueless to the man creeping down the corridor.

       "Ophelia Woodlock, is it?"

      She froze. Ophelia gulped and slowly turned her head.

     Gasper Avery stood before her, his wand clutched tightly in his right hand. A smirk grew on his face as he saw the fear in her eyes.

    Without any warnings he quickly raised his wand, causing Ophelia to do the same.

     "Stupefy!" she called out, though missed by nearly an inch. She felt the fear and anxiety fill in her chest.

     Avery let out a cackle of laughter "So weak." He stepped forward "Just like your mother."

     Woodlock clenched her jaw. She opened her mouth to cast another spell, though she was too late.

      "Crucio!"

      Ophelia gasped with pain as she fell to her knees. It felt as if hot knives were piercing into her skin. Her eyes were practically rolling to the back of her head.

Suddenly realizing she was feeling the same pain that her mother had felt years before. Her body shaking, burning, dying, slowly feeling the weakest she had ever felt.

Her mind went black, she seemed to forget where she even was at the moment.

      Her screams echoed throughout the hallway. Burning tears rushed down cheeks and onto the ground as the pain took over her body.

     But then it stopped.

    She clutched her heart as she shook back and forth, her knees digging into the ground. Her eyes squeezed shut, ears ringing, head throbbing.

      And just as she thought the endless pain was over, a wall, just a few feet away from her, erupted into dusts and debris, sending her helpless body up into the air, and back down onto her back.

    She was alive but barely.

~
sorry this is a short chapter-
should i post the next chapter today or should i wait until tomorrow.....